xisto Community
jorge del norte

Imac Bondi.........which Linux

I have a old Bondi that has enough ram for Linux, I wanted to install Ubanutu....on it, I had problems with the firmware, It would'nt regognize the cd drive after I erased the 8.0 OS......see I didn't have the original disk, I installed Mac 0S 9.0 on it by removing the hard drive, and putting it in another Imac......then swapping back, still it won't recognize the CD drive when I switched it back, the firmware is being a b!tch......I even tried to update the firmware.....do dice. I tried to install the Linux distro, by switching the cd drive from the other Imac, this works........but the install hangs up........somewhere I read to go back to Hoary Hedgehog, instead of the new distro of Ubanutu Linux...........dang so many problems just tring the reserect a old IMAC to Linux......any info would be helpful! :) JDN