xisto Community
divinity

Setting Up Java Correctly

while installing catia v6 its aking for java home path, how to fix this problem

If you've installed java runtime then you can find the java home path from following this steps.Right click my computer icon > properties>advanced>environment variables >edit path. This is where you'll find the path for java home or the place where runtime is installed. All you have to find is the runtime with bin folder path where java is installed. Other than that you can also find the path of the java runtime by invoking java applet that shows version history. You can find this applet from the control panel.

If you've installed java runtime then you can find the java home path from following this steps.Right click my computer icon > properties>advanced>environment variables >edit path. This is where you'll find the path for java home or the place where runtime is installed. All you have to find is the runtime with bin folder path where java is installed. Other than that you can also find the path of the java runtime by invoking java applet that shows version history. You can find this applet from the control panel.

Nope, Java doesn't set any environment variables.

You can check the control panel but by just browsing Program Files\Java you will find the folder.

Nope, Java doesn't set any environment variables.
You can check the control panel but by just browsing Program Files\Java you will find the folder.

And then, you have to manually update the environment variables in the Windows System Properties menu. This is rather clearly described in the Java installation document.

JAVA_HOME Path for CATIA v6 InstallSetting Up Java Correctly

I did a little experimenting while installing CATIA on one of my companies workstation. The home path isn"t necessarily the furthest point you can go down the folder higherarchy.

ie., When the CATIA v6 Installer gets to the JAVA_HOME Path env variable, browse and point to >| C:program filesJavajre6 |< and don't pick any further folders.

Hope that helps someone Googling this subject.

-reply by BrainStorm

Thank you!Setting Up Java Correctly

iGuest thank you very much for your post relating java_path...I wouldn't have done it without you...Now catia is mine for learning!/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.Gif

-reply by madalina

HOW TO SET UP ENVIROMENT VARIABLESSetting Up Java Correctly

Hi,I am having trouble getting the javac command to work in the command prompt. I have installed java 1.6 and I have entered the user path as:C:Program FilesJavajdk1.6.0_23binwhich has now allowed me to type in javac and shows me a long list of options that are available to me. But when I try to compile a .Java file it says file is not found when the file is in the directory which I have gone into before.I think the error may be with the variable for the System variable. At the moment the class path is: C:SunSDKjdklib;I'm not sure if that is correct or if that is the right path that has to be changed, I am in need of desperate help as I have an assignment which is due and need this command to work! please help would be much appreciatedThanks 

CLASSPATHSetting Up Java Correctly

Hi guys ... I'm using windows7 .. In my pc classpath not working for java...When I set classpath and execute java prog it showing classNotFound execption...But if I remove and execute prog it works fine...BUt In JDBC without creating classpath jdbc prog not work so pls help me

-question by pavan

i have installed java, now whats upSetting Up Java Correctly

I have installed java on my PC (window 7)Now what to do, how I can I open compiler or where I can write code???

-question by zeeshan ahmad

JAVA_HOME Path for CATIA v6 InstallSetting Up Java Correctly

I did a little experimenting while installing CATIA on one of my companies workstation. The home path isn"t necessarily the furthest point you can go down the folder higherarchy.

ie., When the CATIA v6 Installer gets to the JAVA_HOME Path env variable, browse and point to >| C:program filesJavajre6 |< and don't pick any further folders.

Hope that helps someone Googling this subject.

-reply by BrainStorm

Thank you very much,it solved my problem.