xisto Community
jackforbes

Clean Memory, A Useful System Tool

Random access memory, or RAM, is a type of memory that is randomly accessible as opposed to sequential memory, which can only be accessed sequentially. Tapes and videocassettes use sequential memory in the form of electromagnetic tape. Random access memory is used in computers and is temporary in nature.CleanMemory program was made for one purpose and ie toachieve maximum performance.

Your post ist copied from here : http://forum.notebookreview.com/
No problem for posting copied information, as long as the info is useful for us.
However, politeness as well as well as our forum rules want that you put the copied part within quotes.
I put the quotes for you this time, next time I expect that YOU will put the quotes on the copied parts of your topic.
I would like to warn you that, if you continue posting copied text without putting it withing quotes, the mods here will think that you are cheating, and they will start deleting your copied posts. :P
By the way, the current info here is interesting, but we want something more from you. Here is the opportunity for you to be really useful to our communitiy. Please tell us why did you post about this tool. Do you use it for your own purpose ? Do you appreciate the tool ? Did you notice a performance increase (for instance while compressing a video) ? Is this tool free, or will it stick into your computer asking for money after the end of the trial period ?
You see, there is a lot ot things to be said about the subject, I would like YOU write down, with your own words, and of course if possible in decent English sentences. ;)

There are a lot of these types of software out there. Some of them are actually freeware. I do not notice a huge performance increase while using something like this unless I have had lots of programs used in the current session. I do not use these anymore because it is not necessary on Linux and it isn't worth the memory that they take up on Windows.

I am currently experiencing a problem with a Bridge game which progressively exhausts the available memory and then crashes. I guess it's a bug due to subroutines not freeing the memory. So such a tool could be useful, removing the unused memory and being able to continue playing withour rebooting my PC.

I don't believe in this kind of software, most of the time it only moves things from the RAM to the swap file ... making your system actualy slower :P . I prefer killing tasks that consume too much memory ;) (or just continue working while I'm using 150% of the available RAM :P )