xisto Community
iGuest

Uni.cc, Free Domains

I just realized...if you want a free domain, just sign up with namepros and post alot. That's how I got my domain name, entirely free (minus my time, LOL). I got my domain name within a week of joining and posting on the forums.

I might have to take you up on that, because Uni.cc just deleted my account or something. I sent a strong, kind email to their staff asking why.

UNI.CC had server downtime a few days back, it does annoy though, especially if you set up a uni.cc address as the main url, though I use a DynDNS subdomain for my webserver, which I use from time to time.Regardless, UNI.CC provides an excellent service for those (sub)domains, they need to stop going down though.

UNI.CC had server downtime a few days back, it does annoy though, especially if you set up a uni.cc address as the main url, though I use a DynDNS subdomain for my webserver, which I use from time to time.Regardless, UNI.CC provides an excellent service for those (sub)domains, they need to stop going down though.

I don't know why they deleted accounts along when they went down, though.

They seemed to hae performed a sort of restart. Only expired, no longer used, old, domains that I had created with them stayed after their sudden domain wipe. I'm just glad I bought a co.uk domain for my forum before the deletion, as I usualy find out 24 hours of downtime kisses goodbye to many users of your forum or website.

They seemed to hae performed a sort of restart. Only expired, no longer used, old, domains that I had created with them stayed after their sudden domain wipe. I'm just glad I bought a co.uk domain for my forum before the deletion, as I usualy find out 24 hours of downtime kisses goodbye to many users of your forum or website.

Yeah, that's true. At least I didn't havw any members to lose then. And all the files stayed at Xisto, so all is good.