xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
levimage

What If..... Was Invented In 2008 contribute your ideas

I personally would like a hard drive device that allows me to plug a bunch of USB thumb drives in and then use them like an IDE or sata drive. I bet it would be pretty fast considering if they find a way to speed up the USB format since the chips are incredibly fast when compared to all but the fastest SCSI formats and drives (10,000 rpm or higher units) also since we all know that tech gets cheaper and cheaper and USB drives would be a lot tougher (imagin a USB hard drive case being dropped while the disc was spinning top speed and you know what I mean) so I honestly think they will end up replacing the hard drive anyway.

Mmm, I'm not sure. I'm a pretty big biology nerd so maybe some type of genetic advancement. I've always said somebody should make recombinant oranges with a different fruit's peal to make them easier to get into :(So that's my suggestion. Oranges in banana-like peels :P

How about something a bit more realistic software-wise, such as a hybrid browser?The security of Opera, the extensibility of Firefox/Flock, the HTML/CSS rendering of the Gecko engine (Mozilla), the speed of Safari and Opera. And the popularity of Internet Explorer would be nice.It would take a bit of programming for one but the most difficult part would be getting people to use it. Unless Microsoft updates Windows XP and Vista with newBrowser1, it would be hard to reach the popularity of IE, without some really persistent, effective advertising.As for hardware related technologies, I think that adding household appliances to a wireless network would be nice. With an open-source program, controlling your washing machine, dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher (if applicable), and maybe even your home heating and cooling system.

Cool, this is a great brain turner lol... just pick ideas that make life easier. Like robo maids and automatic cars that can drive where ever you want it to go. That would be sick. You pick the place it tells you the time it will take you, can watch movie or sleep of just enjoy the scenery. Also include a window between the back and front seat so you don't have to hear the annoying kids in the background. Like your own kids or friends kids. Another cool thing would be to have pills that turn into food like in back to the future. Oh and even better to make life super simple have head implants like in the matrix so you can download stuff into your brain and learn anything you want..................aaaaaaahhhhhhhh I know karate... lol. And also a baby voice converter so you know what the heck they are trying to tell you will their gibberish. But i like a lot of the ideas I have read they are so cool....

I think the next big thing will have to be a solution for the Bluetooths. As much as people want them to become normal, there's just no getting around the fact that you're standing there, talking to thin air. So here we go: a hands-free phone that projects a 3-D image of the person you are talking to. Of course, the size and direction of the projection would be adjustable so that you could stand them on your desk or just have them move along next to you while you're walking (or standing on the passenger seat or dashboard while you're driving!) That way, you get to have a normal conversation and people around you know you aren't losing your mind. :)

Ahaha i discovered not long ago that Nano-machines can be used to do various ammounts of things for example you can get glass which have nano machines on the surface and they stop dirt from going onto your windows. It also makes the glass waterproof so therefore the rain does not smear your windows making them look horrible.But what if Nano-machines could be used for other things? for example keeping your laminated floor clean from dust etc? or keeping your keyboard clean from food or liquids? hahaThe possiblitys of Nano-machines are endless. I for one would like to see MOAR nano-machines.;D

I would definitely go for a satnav system which actually works, without sending you on ridiculous routes where vehicles were never meant to go, or are not allowed to go, or taking you miles and miles out of your way!