xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Eggie

Earth Vs Universe

I had to start this kind of topic because i think that we are stupid....we are trying to explore universe but we haven't yet explored whole Earth....we still dont know some things we should know about earth,why are we exploring the "more unknown place" if we still don't know the planet we are living on?

Well, maybe because we are curious and most of the things are explored on earth, much more to explore in space, when you watch at the stars don't you think something like "I wonder whats up there?" Because, personally when being near the sea with a hot sun, I enjoy myself and rarely think about "I wonder, whats under the water, maybe a see monster?" ^_^Some people don't like sea or jungle and etc. In fact, space exploration begun with Astronomy, when people started watching the stars and naming them, in Babylon and I guess even earlier, so this is just a continued thing, that we continue to explore space and the universe, sea on the other side, wasn't explored from that day, at least not as much as space, due to to the conditions and technology level, besides what do you want to find in sea, or jungle or mountains? ;) Most of the people don't see a lot of places on Earth, even in the country they live, especially these days, when people need to work work, or study study and drink drink, eat eat, buy buy buy ;)

There's 8 billion of us, we can do both at the same time. There was something I read this morning about brand new lizards found by the London Natural History Musuem in rain forests.

There's 8 billion of us, we can do both at the same time. There was something I read this morning about brand new lizards found by the London Natural History Musuem in rain forests.

you see...we haven't found all about our preety little earthy!

But it doesn't mean that we stopped searching in our little earthy, the exploring continues to these days.. ^_^ Why should we only explore lizards, for example I don't like lizards, I rather explore stars, someone else loves lizards, so he or she will explore them. ;D

well...you are right...but millions...billions of dollars gets spent on exploring space...but rarely someone WANTS to spend that kind of money on exploring earth...am i right?

I prefer the exploration of space rather than Earth.Somehow, a black hole that sucks everything within a certain radius in and the idea that time actually stops within them seems a lot more interesting than a new type of lizard or rock. ^^;But I think space needs the money for space crafts while the money you need for exploring is only little because all you do is send a few scientists into the Jungle with some nets and some mosquito repellent.

Edited by Sophia The Zombie (see edit history)

But I think space needs the money for space crafts while the money you need for exploring is only little because all you do is send a few scientists into the Jungle with some nets and some mosquito repellent.

Agreed, but for example exploring underwater, deep underwater also cost a lot of money, but usually they lack that money to make it more serious exploring, even though space exploration also stopped if talking about all the projects since 1970 for the future, the reasons are because of money and because for some things and projects from which there is no actual point of benefit and it may be dangerous too.. For example, it seems that sending a high quality satellite or something, all you need is to build it and put it in space, but it requires a lot of accuracy, time and besides while it is going somewhere, you need a team to watch it, to get data and etc. - a lot of money,.. I guess after 10 or even less years it gets much more expensive than actually the cost of the satellite itself ^_^

Both. The only thing is that exploring in spacce is harder and more expensive. Well, usually. We know more about the surface of the moon that we do about the bottom of the ocean. I would like to see some more advances in space exploration technology. The only thing is, to do any serious exploration into space, as in outside of our solar system, we'd have to make spacecraft that can travel faster than the speed of light. Because even at the speed of light, it'd take 8 minutes to get from earth to the sun, and a year to travel a lightyear (duh). Either that or build more high-powered telesopes on earth that can show us more detail of things thousands of lightyears away.Though, the faster we travel, the more time we have, because, the faster you travel, the slower time goes (Meaning that you age slower, too)I suppose that also means that if the earth was completely still, and didn't orbit the sun or rotate, our lifespan would be slightly shorter.

I suppose that also means that if the earth was completely still, and didn't orbit the sun or rotate, our lifespan would be slightly shorter.

Yeah about nought, we need movement of everything, even the moon and Jupiter, to live.

I think humans should spend all theese money on trying to SAVE Earth from its doom..

We don't need to find the Aliens in space. They'll find us. The Earth is Diyng thanks to us.. We have lived here for 2 million years out of 15 billion I think(something like that).. And we started with the industry and stuff 200 years ago.. And in 200 years, out of 2 million we ruin all the ****. Should'nt we try to repair it before we explore stuff =?

I had to start this kind of topic because i think that we are stupid....we are trying to explore universe but we haven't yet explored whole Earth....we still dont know some things we should know about earth,why are we exploring the "more unknown place" if we still don't know the planet we are living on?

I think that Ur vivew is somewhat narrow. If we was satisfied with things given to us, how could we have achived
this amazing progress, like computer,internet, and others. Actually we can live without these things. But It can
make our lives more convenient, sophisticated, and real human lives that is separated from animal's.
Every scientific researches seems to be useless. But somdays, we could enjoy the result of that. ;)
Edited by LuPPy (see edit history)