xisto Community
Eggie

Mythbusters I refuse your reality and substitute my own

Well...i hope this is the place to post about this I really like this TV-show and i think you can learn many good things about life and how are movies made...this TV-show is the best and i am currently downloading 2 seasons with torrents!another tv-show i like is Brainiac:Science abuse and it's similar to Mythbusters ..tell me what you think about those tv-shows!

I watch a decent amount of Mythbusters. If I was not involved in everything else, I would think it is a top rate show. You can't help but get pulled into what they are involved in... and it doesn't matter how big or small of myth, or their experiments. I liked it when it was only the two at the beginning. But I am getting more and more used to new people involved.... it just adds for more and more interesting ideas... You know how they say that two heads are better than one, well in this case it's like five.I have to admit, that fact that their 'look' kinda had me entertained, also... and that is important, too when there are SOOO many shows that are about the same these days. I think they are humorous and very trendy and that also keeps me involved... can't watch it if it's not catchy!

well....you surely can learn something from them and get preety much entertained from them...i cant get enough of them and i wish i were them...going water skiing behind a cruise ship, being in a cage next to the sharks,shooting from all kinds of weapons and even inventing them....they rock for sure

Yeah, I watch Mythbusters whenever I get to see them on TV, I remember I used to start watching them on Discovery channel, later they were shown on other of my country channels with translation, but I rather watched them with the original English language..The show is really great and I agree that you can learn many things from them, I remember when I was in school and if somebody asked a question or something and I remember that in mythbusters, that question was busted, I could tell "No, because mythbusters proved that it can't be" :) and it gave me a laugh, in fact, those guys in mythbusters are funny too and can give you a laugh ;) I sometimes didn't get one thing.. are they really so smart and good physics, mechanics or they get a lot of help before the show and from other people which we don't see in the camera..??? ;)I also saw Brainiac, but I am not a fan of that show, seems that they aren't serious, they show something, you get interested and they start to blow things, where those half nude babes come and blow something up or similar or they show some fact like why some bananas flows on water an other drowns, they show it so fast, that I can't understand even why and they don't repeat, but they repeat those half naked babes a lot of times ;) whats the point? :) And usually in Brainiac, they prove different facts not so seriously, I mean they do it very fast, and may be even wrong.. But I guess it's that kind of a show, mythbusters are more serious.. ;)

I also saw Brainiac, but I am not a fan of that show, seems that they aren't serious, they show something, you get interested and they start to blow things, where those half nude babes come and blow something up or similar or they show some fact like why some bananas flows on water an other drowns, they show it so fast, that I can't understand even why and they don't repeat, but they repeat those half naked babes a lot of times :) whats the point? :) And usually in Brainiac, they prove different facts not so seriously, I mean they do it very fast, and may be even wrong.. But I guess it's that kind of a show, mythbusters are more serious.. ;)

Agreed on the Brainiac front. From a science perspective they don't really offer much by way of explanation for why what happens actually happens. A large number of their "experiments" don't really offer an overly scientific view on...well, pretty much anything. They just do some vaguely humorous experiment, and base their entire conclusion on that. Most of their experiments are rarely even the sorts of things you'd want to know, whereas Mythbusters often has the sorts of things in it which you've actually heard to be either true or false, but no real evidence has been given for either case (hence the fact that they bust the myth).

As for how much science the presenters actually know, does it really matter? While I'm certain they have an interest in the physics, chemistry and so on of their subject matter, the point is that someone in the show (behind the scenes or otherwise) actually understands a reasonable amount of the science involved, making the experiments fairly accurate. If I had to say which of Mythbusters and Brainiac that I preferred, Mythbusters would win hands down. It's just a shame we don't get to see it all that much on UK television. ;)

c'on how can you not like mythbusters? they blow stuff up!!! They do also provide some explanation behind what they are doing. I can see times where due to the limitations of producing an hour long tv show that certain amounts of detail are omitted, but hey, they blow stuff up. My all time favorite would have to be the confederate rocket. That was a most impressive display of how a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing :) . We get a little bit of brainiac here, but it just seems to be a couple of guys doing dangerous stuff for no apparent reason. I'll admit the difference is only minor from what I just described (i.e. mythbusters blowing stuff up), but the mythbusters just seem to present far better than the brainiac crew.What do others rate as their favorite mythbusters experiment?Cheers,Hoopa

...but the mythbusters just seem to present far better than the brainiac crew...

Agreed, although Richard Hammond is a generally awesome presenter. He's possibly the only exception, however. :)

I like the Effin Science they have now. Mananswers is also cool and has science discussion. Anybody remember Beakman's World?

My favorite show was on the hot water heaters turning into rockets. Sure they had to turn off every safety device on the hot water heaters but they went off every single time. I don’t think I have seen anything else on Mythbusters that was that predictable. They also had a follow-up show that demonstrated that a hot water heater can bust through a two story building and still come out the top of the roof. Almost brought a tear to my eye.The best explosion has to be the concrete truck from the broken concrete truck and dynamite myth. They loaded the truck with high explosive and set it off. Nothing left of a several ton truck. I just vaporized. I think this one actually did bring a tear to my eye.

I love mythbusters i find it very funny at the same time as learning stuff it's a very good program for education because at the same time as being educative it's funny and keeps you wanting to read moresmall description of the game :)MythBusters is an American popular science television program on the Discovery Channel starring American special effects experts Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman, who use basic elements of the scientific method to test the validity of various rumors, urban legends, myths and news stories in popular culture

"Failure is always an option" - Best show ever!I love mythbusters but brainiac hasn't been on for ages and it's nothing compared to mythbusters. Especially since Vic reeves (I think that's his name) took over from richard Hamilton. Anyway back on to the subject of mythbusters, has anyone ever posted a myth into the show?My favourite episode would probably have to be the 2hour special of the derby demolition (the one where the car s attathced to rockets to try and get the pancake effect)

Oh, I enjoy Mythbusters very much. A luck it's on everyday at the TV here.I especially seem to like the high-voltage experiments for some reason. Maybe just the cool-looking sparks. :PI also watch Brainiac, though not as frequently as I do watch Mythbusters.P.S.: Like that kind of shows, would be very grateful if someone could tell me some other good ones. :P

I watch Mythbusters from time to time, not regularly but whenever I come across episodes when channel surfing. Most of the myths that are tested on the show are great, although there are sometimes a few that seem too obvious to be busted myths and others that are a bit too simple and lacking in any technicality. It would be good if they maybe had category-based episodes. Also, I personally would like to see each myth tested one after another, instead of switching between two different myths tested by two separate teams. As a suggestion, it would be excellent if Mythbusters came to on-demand TV, allowing you to choose which episodes / myths you want to see.