xisto Community
Iron Eagle

1 Terrabyte Dvd 1 terrabyte=1000 Gig

I saw something a while ago in a science magazine.The current CD\DVD works with a "pit" which reflects the laser into a direction to repersent a 1 or 0. In each of these "pits" there are other areas which also reflect the beam but the current technology doesn't read/write to this. So by harnassing this they would be able to increase the amount of data that could be stored on a disk by, well, alot! :) I wish I could find the article...... But ya it is really cool.

A terabyte DVD... Except shouldn't they call it a CD (compact disk) instead of a DVD (digital video disk)? It sounds pretty cool except I wouldn't get one because the drive would be too expensive, as would be the disks. Still a nifty little idea though.

Nice idea, way nice idea but; would they be affordable?  would they be fast enough?

66314[/snapback]

wow thats very interesting, i have actually never heard of a terrabyte but that is a huge amount of space

nice, but my guess is that a drive capable of reading such a disk would cost more than a 160+ hardrive. Infact when the 160 gig HD first came out it would cost you a whopping $4000 and that was back in early 2000