xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sparkx

Loading 3d Models In Java?

I am currently using a 3D cad software to make models. I want to know if it and how it is possible to load 3D models using Java. I would like to make a game in java (I know I should be using OpenGL for this, but Java seems more secure). Now I have been looking all over the web (And Amazon books) for how to load 3D objects. I think java has loaders that convert objects into java objects but I can't figure how to use them. I have tried using Java 3D and a bit of JOGL but I have very little knowledge about them other then making basic things like cubes (not models). Is there a good tutorial that anyone knows about that goes over Loading and displaying a 3D object in java? I really want to start java programming and I learn best with source examples. Also if anyone knows any good books please post there title. All help is welcome.Thanks in advance,SparkxEDIT:I am currently using jdk1.6.0_03 as recomended. I have also installed Java 3D. I have made little progress with learning to program I keep getting errors :rolleyes: Whenever I compile a simple 3D project I get "Applet <name> notinited" while using firefox or IExplorer and I get "could not instantiate" while using Opera.  Has anyone had simalure problems? Maby my registry got messed up when I was editing Environment Variables? What could I do to "fix" my computer so it compiles 3D correctly.Thanks  Again

Edited by sparkx (see edit history)

Java application that convert model scripts made in 3D Studio Max to JOGL objects

Loading 3d Models In Java?

Maybe this program can help you. Nowdays I'm not working on this area, but I left it. I didn't have time to finish this app, the most important is that it can convert model scripts made in 3D Studio Max to JOGL objects. Than you can use this objects in your games or java aplications that wants to use JOGL