xisto Community
karlo

I Would Like To Be A Mod mod request

I noticed that I am really staying long in Xisto and have more than 375 posts, well, can you please give me a position here? And also, i'm planning to sign up at Xisto, is it ok?

OpaQue replied:

Very glad to see you spend more time here.. but I am sorry , I really cannot help with the mod thingy.. Its completely on the decision of all the admins and mods together :-)

That's why I created this thread. I would like to have some experience or having a little position here in Xisto.

Thanks in Advance.

P.S

Can I sign up at Xisto.com and post some messages there also? I don't need hosting there.

Yup, Our forums are not limited to members who ask for hosting. Its Free for all :-)I will be happy if you go there and post there too.. :-)

Yup, Our forums are not limited to members who ask for hosting. Its Free for all :-)

I will be happy if you go there and post there too.. :-)

66185[/snapback]

Do I still have to sign up? or use my existing login?

mmmh I've been a member here for a very long time too... But that probably isnt a reason to be admin / mod. I guess they have enough administrators and moderators at the moment, so you might try again in a few months

You have quite a lot of warning, lol. I don't think a mod should have any I mean they are , in a way, role models... Oh and you only started a few days after me and I've already got double your posts... even if you have been here for a long time with many posts.... this does not mean you are fit to be a mod. not saying you are... not saying you're not.The question is what are you going to give to the community when you're a moderator... it's not just old members and a lot of posts and the label... you do have a job... :)Not my decision anyways...

Moderators get picked for helping out other members and contributing to the forum's success, if the admins find you as a truly helpful member to the Xisto community, they will personally request that you become a mod. For example, some new members have joined, like snlildude and millertime, yet, they haven't been here for more then a month, but they are still moderators, this is because of their contributions to the community.

Yes. You have to be as cool as whyme and have a reputation of 10 points to be a mod. :) Heh, I'm pretty used to this administrative thing and they are correct. In order to be even CONSIDERED as a moderator at a site, you must be an active contributor and be pretty helpful with no bad history. Posting doesn't make you fit for the position; your history on the site does. If you have ever received a negative reputation point, chances are that you won't be chosen. :-( * has not viewed your reputation*.

But that's just coming from a normal user. So you don't have to listen to what I actually type. >_>

Yeah. I am a moderator on a very very popular site(hosting site) to tell you the truth. But I dont have hosting from them. Anyway the moderator role isnt something you just ask for. You have to really show that you deserve it by going beyond expected as I usually put it. Thats how I see it. :) :)

i don't see why you would want to be a mod. it's just more work and hassle. Yeah, you maybe want to "help the community" but, I wouldn't want to do it that way. I figure posting and <- snipped -> every now and then is helping enough.}

Firstly, it would be better if these messages were PMed to the administrator. Second, you have quite a few warnings given by several different moderators. I still encourage you to continue posting, because you are still a great member.