xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
.:Brian:.

Group For Computinghost Hosted Members? Is there one?

Hi,Well now that i switched to Xisto - Web Hosting, I would still like to be somewhat active on the forums here (maybe accumulate some credits that i can donate to some people at somepoint or whatever). But I was wondering, if I no longer am having an account is there any way I can be in some 'Xisto - Web Hosting hosted member' group or something?Note: I still have yet to terminate my hosting on Xisto, but I will probably do that shortly as it doesn't point to anything.

I doubt that will happen, seems pointless to make special groups for special cases :rolleyes: I mean the group label doesn't really change much of anything so it shouldn't affect you much... they might be willing to do it but it seems unlikely to me.

Ok, well I just thought that way you can show that there are people on paid hosting on the forums here too....but i suppose that would be too much work to figure out.Anyway, oh well....edit: After terminating my account it still says I am in the hosted members group?? does this mean points will continue to be deducted? I would kinda like them to not be if that is possible....but if it isn't thats ok i guess....

Edited by .:Brian:. (see edit history)

Well, the termination script is a bit problematic. I, for example, was moved to the member group (therefore losing my moderator rights), and now that I am a mod again: HOSTING CREDITS : (-)13836.16 (Negative) :rolleyes:

Well, the termination script is a bit problematic. I, for example, was moved to the member group (therefore losing my moderator rights), and now that I am a mod again: HOSTING CREDITS : (-)13836.16 (Negative) :rolleyes:

Someone should fix that so it doesn't do that for mods. Mods should be hosted or non-hosted.

xboxrulz

I think its a good idea to have a Xisto - Web Hosting group (shows your support for Xisto :rolleyes:). But the only problems is that if you start having different groups for different types of members, you will end up with heaps of groups. I saw a forum somewhere (i forget now) that had litterally hundreds of different groups and it just looked messy (and no one wants that to happen here!)

Well having one more group wouldn't be too much...but it would be something probably somewhat hard to maintain....btw...i did the termination thing...and it said it was successful...(i haven't tested it because my domain name points to my account on the other server now)...but i am still in the hosted group?

yeah your still !ASTAHOSTED (lol)it probably doesnt work too well.i reckon a computing hosted group would be a good idea. its still a xisto site so that shouldnt be a bother. and its only 1 more group, i go on another forum with about 20 groups (most of them are paid subscription though)

Brian I have fixed your group status to the correct one.Probable cause of this phenomenon is due to your display name and your login name being different from each other. Xisto group member [HOSTED] is tied to hosting credit system script. In fact, all groups are tied to this script. Therefore, creating additional group member would confuse this script and it's something OpaQue is not willing to handle at this point.But for the time being you can create your own Xisto - Web Hosting member banner or title for your signature. And we truly appreciate having a pride for Xisto - Web Hosting.

Thanks for fixing my group status so that I am no longer losing credits.And this is off topic, and I think it has been asked before...but are there any banners or stuff that Xisto - Web Hosting has already made?

No. Sad to say that we do not have existing graphics for Xisto - Web Hosting.OpaQue and I were working on this site: xisto.com/banners but we got side-tracked. Perhaps this would be a good time to request members' contribution for Xisto and Xisto - Web Hosting related banners :rolleyes: