xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bostwik

Desktop Wallpaper

It seems a little repetitive for a desktop wallpaper for me, but that's just personal preference I guess. I tend to prefer single images, like my current Firefox one (blue FF logo in the top right-ish, with a light blue "halo" dimming to dark blue), which lets me see my icons easily. Your one just looks a little busy for my liking. Again, though, personal preference. :rolleyes:It's still a fairly cool effect, regardless, though.

its not the... best thing ive ever seen. some people might like it but its not my taste. i really dont like dark backgrounds so thats probably why it doesnt do much for me.i think its needs a few other colours and a bit more to it. u couldve just made a small thing and make sure its set to tile when u put it as your background. smaller size and does the same thing.all in all its ok, i just wouldnt use it for my background.

Well, it is quite dark for a wallpaper, it looks more like a pattern some kind for a background, I wouldn't use it as a Wallpaper, I like more solid and much more smooth Wallpapers. Still the graphic looks nice and the colours are fine too, but as Sten said, I also wouldn't use it as a background, maybe somewhere else, I remember old days, when such or similar backgrounds were very popular, now a lot of people just puts a Photo :rolleyes:

Yea, its great that you are playing with image editors and especially stuff like this probably got you into learning how some interesting tools work. only problem is how, like mentioned, patterned wallpapers aren't used much anymore for a reason B) That would give me a headache after awhile lol, not because of the quality or anything, just the pattern would mess my eyes after awhile. I'd really recommend trying to make more, try some maybe bigger pattern effects cool behind some kind of logo or primary image (by bigger pattern I mean more like halos off a light spot or something, nothing too 'busy) and just keep practicing :rolleyes: Obviously your first try is never the best work you can produce, so let practice make it perfect!

My eyes are pretty used to seeing funky backgrounds, (my old website was a killer) but I guess it is kinda hard on the eyes. I've never really been into background, but thanks for the input anyways. :rolleyes:

It's cool, that I must admit B) , but I wouldn't use for as a background either. I prefer darker wallpapers without bright spots, b/w backgrounds are my favourites :) . You should try converting it to B/W and change the curves a bit, looks much better :rolleyes: .

Um...I rather agree that it's a bit too repetitive for my tastes. Besides, I think you can clearly see where the image is repeated: there's a clear line about a fourth of the way across that designates where the image started to repeat. I think that really ruins it--it just feels awkward with square edges like those. Moreover, the choice of adding a border around each set of colors really...doesn't bode well. It makes the image more confusing, and I think it'd be better without the dark border. (This, I think, applies to most pictures. I.e., if you drew and colored picture of a human, most of the times it's better not to have a really dark border around the person's face).Finally, the choice of colors is really garish. I don't think the blue, purple and red go well together at all. The red actually really sticks out, and it really hurts my eyes to look at that. Besides, the way the purple melts into the blue makes it feel like the whole thing's a piece of paper with two colors (blue and purple) that had water spilled on it that caused the two colors to melt into each other. It just looks...weird. Then there's the shapes of the design. Perhaps the red wouldn't be so out of place if you'd picked a better set of shapes to color red. Right now, they're all thin and almost line-like. It would really suit this background better if you choose shapes that were each very different from each other to color red, just to give it a tinge of variety. Good luck though, I hope to see other things from you soon. :-)