xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NaruNaru1212

3d Mmorpg Maker Softwere?!

well I dunno how to program.. and I wonna make a 3D MMORPG.. I tried realm crafter demo and looked at trailers... and the chars and graphics AND games you can make with it dont look very good.... Its no lineage2 or Perfect world or even last chaos... I wonna make a game like last chaos.... whas a good 3D mmorpg? please tell me because I really want to make one.. you know one that is simple to use et very very advanced and can do a vast amount of things but doesnt take hours and hours to understand how it works? any iteas... and dont say RPG maker cause that 2D and is REALLY bad.... so yeah please answer quickly thanks byes!! ^^

You won't be able to make a 3d mmorpg that looks great without either learning some 3d modeling skills OR stealing the models haha. Also mmorpg's are complicated as crap, I doubt there are any makers for them that work at all, and if they do they probably suck. PLUS you would need servers to host the game on so that people could play it. The flexibility of mmo's also probably would make coding knowledge essential to creating them. It's not like rpg maker where you just add a story to some sprites, mmo's are on a whole different playing field and require a lot more back end work to occur and a much larger infrastructure to actually be operational.So yes, its possible such a program exist but my recommendation is... don't get your hopes up :rolleyes:

I found one bigworldtech.comit has everything, the modeling pograms, the server the map makers EVERYSINGLE THING NEEDED! but they dont sell it, I need to request a licence. so since I'm 12 I'm gonna wait a while cause for now my budget is $0 o.O (I'm supposed to start this project on January when I have everythig set) so I'll ask my dad o get the licence for me o.o and I'm not gonna be alone working on this xD I'm gonna try to get some friends to help

I found one
bigworldtech.com

it has everything, the modeling pograms, the server the map makers EVERYSINGLE THING NEEDED! but they dont sell it, I need to request a licence. so since I'm 12 I'm gonna wait a while cause for now my budget is $0 o.O (I'm supposed to start this project on January when I have everythig set) so I'll ask my dad o get the licence for me o.o and I'm not gonna be alone working on this xD I'm gonna try to get some friends to help

That is a good start. But its just a very basic software. If you really want to do a decent one, you will need to know how networking works and of course those script that control 3D modelling, which is openGL. Try doing a google search and you will find a lot of information on those topics for 3D modelling and programming. From beginner to advance, and since you only start in January, its good to get some knowledge from now till then. GL

Cheers

You really do need to have alot more into it then a simple program to make one. MMORPG require huge teams of people to make things work. If your to make a good one invest a little time into studying some information on that

Give it a try

I found this awesome sit it is called https://sourceforge.net/ it is a whole bunch of open source stuff from MMO engines to 3D modeling engines heck even music making programs I have not looked much but like you I wanna make an MMO to like GW or WoW kind of. "hint hint" to you others I have found some decent MMO engines that work great and you can have a one man crew and look like you had 180 man crew. I am not using them though cos they are missing skill template option which is one thing I wanna put in... So I'm still looking. But yea... Check out that site I listed above you might just find something I'm goin like I said I have not gone all they way through it so even I might find what I am looking for there. And one engine I was trying out which was an awsome one if you wanna make the bigest MMO out there I mwan litterally the biggest you can make it 4x the size of WoW if you wanted it is Multiverse it comes with every thing 3D modelling kit, terrain builder, free servers, heck everything you would want and need and this is the one that makes a one man army look like a 180 man army I think you can enhance graphics to I'm not sure. Hope I was of some help. GL

-reply by Mike big game

Well I myself am a programer and there is a way I can help you but I can only do coding sprites(3d) and also I can make games online and offline-reply by yomama

I always get a kick out of topics like this when someone posts that they have an idea for a really complicated program yet have no actual skills whatsoever. Then they start a thread to say they want someone lese to program a game for them and someone to make all the graphics for them. Similarly I have seem threads, especially on DBforums, where people make posts asking folks to do free software work for them from professionals who charge 50+ dollars an hour.

Your not gonna make it...

Replying to Darasen

True, especially when the person says their 12 years old, and is trying to create a MMORPG, which takes large scale professionals to make, not to mention taking a very long time even then.

I'm looking for some people to help me design my game basicly a Designing team email me at chaseman1236@msn.Com-reply by Chase