xisto Community
Chesso

1gb Sd Flash Card.

I got one ages ago for this cheap video camera thing that doesn't even work too well.So I thought I might use it with my Nintendo Wii (like messin with photo's and things), would be nice if it was compatible with my Nokia 6085 also (well I'm not sure yet if it is).Anyway, what sort of hardware add-on would I need to get and put files to and from this SD card from my PC?Now I wonder if I can get it to work with my phone...... lol.

All you need is a phone that accepts SD Card. I'm not too sure about your phone, so you'll need to do some research on your own. As for to let it read on your computer. You'll need to go out and buy a SD Card reader (most new laptops and desktops comes with them, unless you built your own desktop and didn't buy one already).xboxrulz

Yeah I always build my own setups lol.But as far as add-ons go, well I never have really bought any things like that before (well never needed them).But the SD card ain't much good for the Nintendo Wii, if I can't get anything onto it from somewhere lol.Oh and my phone won't take it, my phone takes MicroSD cards it looks like.

Do you mean in the Wii?I know the Wii can manipulate and mess around with some photo and video content.But can I actually save game data and things on it?, cause that would be pretty useful, or even if I can just back some stuff up maybe.I can imagine it's possible to store most anything on it, just depends what exactly the Wii supports with it, I'll have to check the darn manual if I can find it lol.Also I need another piece of hardware (specifically for the Wii, maybe), but I'll make a new thread for that.

to get things from an sd card to a computer you can either use something that an SD goes in and connect that to a computer or you can buy a card reader, you just put the card in it and its connected to the computer.

Do you mean in the Wii?
I know the Wii can manipulate and mess around with some photo and video content.

But can I actually save game data and things on it?, cause that would be pretty useful, or even if I can just back some stuff up maybe.

I can imagine it's possible to store most anything on it, just depends what exactly the Wii supports with it, I'll have to check the darn manual if I can find it lol.

Also I need another piece of hardware (specifically for the Wii, maybe), but I'll make a new thread for that.

Yes I'm talking about the Wii. The SD card is meant as a backup storage just in case anything happens to your Wii. You just copy from the Wii's NAND storage to your SD card et voila, vous etes finisez XD (you are finished!)

xboxrulz

Haha that's a pretty sweet feature, especially when I just happen to have an SD card lying around lmao.I really don't like how quickly the batteries lose power in the Wii motes and nun chuck controller, though I don't exactly use top brands or anything.Oh and anyone would be absolutely awesome if knew a way of turning the volume down on the darn wii mote (no matter what options I try to config in Wii or TV I can't find anyway to turn the actual wii mote sounds down, as they can be bloody loud at night or early in the morning).

Chesso, try using LIon rechargeable batteries if you aren't already, they last waaaaaay longer in electronics then most alkaline batteries do plus you can recharge them (obviously) so that's always a plus. They're more investment money wise for the charger and the batteries cost a little more, but well worth it.And yea SD card readers are common and super cheap so that shouldn't pose a problem for you to get one and use it like a usb drive to move data.