xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sierrad

Psp .vs. Ds

It all depends on taste, many games are limited to both mobile consoles. If you are a Nintendo fan the go for Nintendo products. While on the other hand, Playstation fans go for playstation products. But, it all depends on taste.

I really dislike both due to they both just don't do it for me. Though if I had to vote for one it would be the PSP because they did try to make it the all round best entertaining system for people on the go. But bleh..

Hehe, you guys have terrible logic. The "extras" on each system are nothing compared to what the systems are really built for: gaming. Althought extras do matter, you also have to look at a few other things:1. Hardware -How good is the hardware? PSP has advanced graphics capability, but DS looks like a more generally durable system. Sony makes the PSP flimsy. Although I'm sure eventually DS users will have problems with the touch screen dying from use.2. Software -How good are the games? PSP has some of Sony's good games, and much more advanced ones, but the DS has a series LEGEND backing it, which of course would be Nintendo, with the Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Metroid, and a few other very good series.3. Replay Value -How long will each system last? The PSP has a VERY strong lineup, but I'm thinking Nintendo with it's many different established games, may last longer, as far as good games go.4. Features -What can your system do for you? If you don't care about movies or music on your handheld, then PSP already has two features you don't want. Most people won't like the DS's touch screen (I know I hate it...), so that might be another leap Nintendo wasn't supposed to take.5. Other stuff -What else do you need out of your handheld? Maybe you want to play with friends, and so you might get the same handheld. Maybe you want to still play all your old GBA games? One handheld or the other might have the other misc. things you want/need.So, it boils down to a variety of factors. I guess I'm kinda sick of seeing these kinda topics, because it doesn't really matter what other people say, what matters is what you personally want in a handheld.So, that said, don't listen to other's opinions. Someone may just like Final Fantasy a lot, and convince you to get that system, regardless of how much they or you really like it. Do what makes you happy.And remember kids, "Arec Barlwrin is worfress".

What do you mean 'released on it'? If it was the DS v a DVD player would that get your vote? Advent Children is gonna be released on DVD...

68980[/snapback]

Obviously in context - but if I didn't have a DVD player previously I'd prefer it to a DS.

Johnny- you provide a good argument - and it's true, if you want a gaming system only, you're probably better off with a DS, as everyone knows Nintendo has always had a very good all-round lineup, although they have been a bit behind with getting third party developers behind them.

I was, personally, expecting more from the DS though, I'm kinda disappointed by the current lineup of games, and so far the features don't seem to be as outstanding as I would have thought.

The PSP hasn't even been released in Australia yet - so my decision is so far based on just news I've read on it.

I know some one who got a PSP and they had to return it do to malfunctioning pixels. he had it only for 2 days! and I go for the DS not because of it duel screens, but all the equipment, the screens may be smaller then a PSP but the touch capability gives it all new controls and the mic. may allow people to give orders to the DS like "stand by", or "pause" and it will do so but that's for the future. To me that sounds really cool! :)

Hm...I've never heard of that happening to anyone else, so I'm guessing it was just a fluke with that particular PSP...but hey, maybe Sony screwed up again?

id say... probs DS... i think ths psp is way 2 expensive, and the ds is almost half the price... and u got the touch screen :) i think the psp isnt gonna do so well :S

I believe I read on this forums someone had also had bought a DS and had to return it within a week, also because of malfunctioning pixels. I doubt that either system has much of a edge in that respect :) - though the PSP screen, just by looking at the design, seems more delicate.

DS wins because of its backwards compatibility, giving it a readily available vast library of games to choose from. Before anyone goes off and says that the DS doesn't have any good games, they should consider the thousands of titles from ten years of game making! Not to mention, Advance Wars DS is coming out, and that's gonna blow away any POSp games.

Nintendo DS! -_-Nintendo have been making handheld games since the 80's with Game&Watch games. so they have way nore experience. Also the DS is backwards compatable so I can play my old Gb/Gbc/Gba games on it, since i have 20 carts in total :DAlso the Ds can download games off the Wireless link, You can chat over Pict2Chat and you can play games with the touck screen or microphone.So In conclusion... the Ds rocks (and so does the GBA SP :D)

I'm Still DSAbout the PSP and its graphics, Alot of people have been saying that its great graphics a for only movies. The games are diffrent, thier lower graphics are not as good as when showing movies.

for the DS...
Specs: Nintendo DS
Product Identification
Product Line Nintendo DS
Manufacturer Nintendo
General
Form Factor Portable
Dimensions (WxDxH) 5.85 in x 3.33 in x 1.13 in
Weight 8.84 oz
Controller D-pad, touch-panel
Processor
Processor ARM9
Processor Clock Speed 67MHz
Processor (2nd) ARM7
Processor Clock Speed (2nd) 33MHz
System Memory
Main Memory 4MB
Graphics Processor and Memory
Video Memory 656KB
Fill Rate (pixels) 30 Mpixels/s
Fill Rate (triangles) 120,000 Triangles/s
Video Output
Display 3" TFT LCD
Resolution 256 x 192
Dot Pitch 0.24 mm
Colors 260,000 colors
Display (2nd) 3" color TFT with backlight
Resolution (2nd) 256 x 192
Dot Pitch (2nd) 0.24 mm
Colors (2nd) 260000
Display Features (2nd) Touch-panel
Audio
Speakers Built-in stereo speakers
Expansion and Connectivity
Game Media Format Cartridge
I/O Connectors 1 x audio out, 1 x mic input
Integrated Communications 802.11 Wi-Fi
Storage
Media Drive DS cartridge slot,GBA cartridge slot
Integrated Devices
Built-in Features Internal clock w/alarm, touch-panel calibration, PictoChat
Software / Accessories
Games Included PictoChat, Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt demo
Power
Battery Lithium-ion battery
Battery Average Run Time 6-10 hours
Full Recharge Time 4 hours

for pspSpecs: Sony PSP
Product Identification
Product Line Sony PSP
Manufacturer Sony
General
Form Factor Portable
Dimensions (WxDxH) 6.7 in x 2.91 in x 0.91 in
Weight 8.36 oz
Controller D-pad
Processor
Processor MIPS R4000
Processor Clock Speed 1-333MHz
Processor (2nd) MIPS R4000
Processor Clock Speed (2nd) 1-333MHz
System Memory
Main Memory 8MB EDRAM
Graphics Processor and Memory
Video Memory 2MB EDRAM
Fill Rate (pixels) 664 Mpixels/s
Fill Rate (triangles) 33 Mtriangles/s
Video Output
Display 4.3" 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD
Resolution 480x272
Colors 16.77 million colors
Brightness 200 cd/m2
Audio
Speakers Built-in stereo speakers
Expansion and Connectivity
Game Media Format 1.8GB UMC disc
I/O Connectors 1 x audio out, 1 x microphone, 1 x control connector, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x Memory Stick Pro Duo, IrDA, IR remote
Integrated Communications 802.11b Wi-Fi
Storage
Media Drive UMD Drive
Power
Battery Lithium-ion battery

what does this mean in english !?

the PSP smashes the DS with pure POWER and GRUNT then the DS will ever have

case closed

PSP KICKS the DS outta town .... HENCE the higher price for the HIGHER spec machine

not only that its DISK media Vs CART media and disk media has ALWAYS won over the CART media as it holds FAR MORE information and can hold FULL length movies

and .... THE PSP will have a HUGE catalogue of all SONY produced movies to add to its catalogue

and ALL the current PS1 and PS2 games can be easily ported to the psp

sure the gba carts work with the ds but then again the DS will NOT play films

remember DUAL screen isnt the greatest innovation REMEMBER the game and watch ?!

altho the inbuilt mic has some good games that can be played by blowing into it to activate balloons and aeroplane propellers and stuff

but ............as i previous stated also PSP aimed at 15+ age range and the DS aimed at the lower end 14- age range

ok now everyones educated on the specs maby they will choose differently lol

Hmmmm i think PSP. The graphics are like the PS2 and i dont want to play those baby-DS games:P PSP can much more then DS. and The touchscreen is stupid. i can play too without it.BUT i cant play without MUSIC!!! so i choose PSP. cool for the summer in my car. and i dont like that hackers emidiately hack them. it is no fun. ppl make them and ppl hack them:(