xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sierrad

Psp .vs. Ds

DS is much more innovative, with Dual Screens and touch sensitivity, built in WiFi and Voice Recogintion. Add in GBA compatibility and we've got a real winner. The only thing good about PSP is the large screen... too bad it will be easily scrathed with no flip-top like the DS and GBA-SP. The size and shape of the PSP makes it impractical, you will need to carry it with an additional protector or *BLEEP* pack to avoid scratches, it is too big to fit in a pocket. The DS has a more compact form and with the fliptop screen it will fit easily into a pocket, no worries about scrathing up the 2 pretty screens. For portable systems, cartridges are much more durable and easily maintained. The movie discs on PSP are just about useless, it will be too expensive and cumbersome to buy a movie in multiple formats (DVD for home and PSP disc for the road). Even so, GBA already is getting movies in cartridge format and DS will likely have something similar. Ditto for MP3 playback. Overall, I see no advantages for the PSP over the DS. The graphics will both be N64/PS2 level (not that there?s much of a difference between them, heh.) Overall, DS pWn5 the PSP easily.

PSP...DS is nice but wuts the point of having a touch screen...its nice and it shows you were technology is going but i see no point in it...so if it had better graphics instead of a touchscreen it would prolly be better...PSP all the way

DS Again....

CaL-E you do know that pretty much all the DS games come with a control change feature and that you could only use buttons instead of the touch screen(but some things require the touch). + the Metroid Prime: First hunt is coming out and it looks and sounds like no other Metroid Game ever, you'll play as different characters that have certain abilities(like one is a good sniper, which is taken down by a stealth, which is taken down by speed all have a weakness)(here are the present known characters)

http://www.nintendo.com/ http://www.nintendo.com/ http://www.nintendo.com/Posted Image

Yes the DS has great graphic for a handheld just like the PSP. So right there there tied now look. PSP has great online play. So 2-1 PSP. DS has Mario :rolleyes: 2-2 Tied. PSP can play movies, songs, music videos, and hold photos, A three pointer for the PSP. So 5-2 PSP.PSP is way better in my opionon.

Whats is great about the PSP is that he holds many features like videos, photos, settings, games, and music. And then you have more features like in music just listen or watch music videos or with games online or game sharing. So the PSP i say is better then the DS all the way.

I have a DS and a PSP...but I would have to say that I like the DS better. Although the PSP has tons of cool features and all, I like the innovativeness of the DS. I admit that it doesn't have as good of games as the PSP...now, but they are making a couple of cool games like:>Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt>Final Fantasy 3(never before released in America)>Mario Kart>Fire Emblem>Super Smash Bros.and many others. Also Nintendo has announced online gameplay will be released soon. I can't wait :rolleyes:

i vote PSP no doubt their graphics are better and their games and its just a lot better cuz i dont like DS's touch screen one bit cuz its sort of hard to use and the DS has two screens which is sort of stupid in my mind

I would have to say that the PSP is a far better console than the Nentendo DS.I mean sure, the DS has a touch screen. But the PSP can play movies and mp3's as well as games.

i was looking through the release lists for the DS and PSP, and for the DS there were about 20 odd games that i wanted to buy for example Splinter CellMario KartHarvest MoonZeldaAnimal CrossingFinal FantasyMetroid Prime Hunters and many morebut for the PSP there werre only about 3 or 4 games in total that i would consider buying and even those games didnt seem very good. And even if the PSP does play videos and music isnt it more important for a games console to have good games rather than multimedia

in my opinion the psp is better.the ds only seems cool on the outside but its boring.don't judge a book by its cover