xisto Community

If I ever need them, I could always run Windows on VMWare ;). Then again, it's just the choice that you can make. I highly support and rather run UNIX than Windows anytime. Especially since I'm heading to University soon, and most University teach and run UNIX.xboxrulz

Note: if you want a Macbook, it's best to buy one now since MacOS X Leopard was just recently released. One schoolmate from my school immediately purchased Leopard.I was just walking through the hall and I exclaimed "Whoa... Leopard?!?!" ... lolEDIT: Apple just released an upgrade for the Macbooks quietly. Now it sports a 800 MHz Front Side Bus and a new GPU, the X3100. Aside from that, nothing else changed. I feel so ripped off right now. I have a Macbook purchased last month and it doesn't qualify for Leopard and it only has a 667 MHz FSB, god I'm so angry.xboxrulz

I would buy a Mac but their prices are high, hopefully. I'll get the Mac OS X system and install it on my laptop. (if it works) Also, I'll multiboot it with Windows XP, Linux and Mac OS X.xxxx-jozh-xxxx

I would buy a Mac but their prices are high, hopefully. I'll get the Mac OS X system and install it on my laptop. (if it works) Also, I'll multiboot it with Windows XP, Linux and Mac OS X.
xxxx-jozh-xxxx

No it will not because a) it violates the EULA and b ) all other PCs still have BIOS and not what Apple hardware uses. Apple hardware uses the all new EFI interface to boot its systems.

Until other manufacturers uses EFI, you won't be able to boot MacOS X unless you pirate the versions which implements a BIOS patch so that the MacOS X can run on the cracked version. As linking to crackware is banned on Xisto, I will not give you the links to them.

xboxrulz

Honestly, my feelings on the macbook arent very suttle. Macbooks are very convenient in terms of a on the go apple, but I prefer a PC labtop. Just for the fact that I am purely a gamer and have a need to install certain game softwares on my labtop so when I am feeling in the mood I would just double click and start playing a game to relieve stress from experiencing a day worth of stress. Most of the games out there are not made for a MAC and so you are basically stranded if you own a mac or macbook in all cases. But that is not the only problem. We have certain softwares that can only be accessed on the PC that couldnt be accessed on the mac. Such software are basically microsofts property. Even tho macs now a days offer the installation of microsoft operating system and software, its performance is greatly drained and withered to nothing. The only real great use from a macbook is that it offers a great tool for graphic designers to play with. But overall there is nothing a mac could do that a PC couldnt do better. It may not be flashy but it gets its job done with effeciency. And more over, I despise apple for hustling everyone on their over rated product that is the iphone. But ill just end my comment there.

Honestly, my feelings on the macbook arent very suttle. Macbooks are very convenient in terms of a on the go apple, but I prefer a PC labtop. Just for the fact that I am purely a gamer and have a need to install certain game softwares on my labtop so when I am feeling in the mood I would just double click and start playing a game to relieve stress from experiencing a day worth of stress. Most of the games out there are not made for a MAC and so you are basically stranded if you own a mac or macbook in all cases. But that is not the only problem. We have certain softwares that can only be accessed on the PC that couldnt be accessed on the mac. Such software are basically microsofts property. Even tho macs now a days offer the installation of microsoft operating system and software, its performance is greatly drained and withered to nothing. The only real great use from a macbook is that it offers a great tool for graphic designers to play with. But overall there is nothing a mac could do that a PC couldnt do better. It may not be flashy but it gets its job done with effeciency. And more over, I despise apple for hustling everyone on their over rated product that is the iphone. But ill just end my comment there.

Please note that the Macbook can run Windows, just like any PCs can. So if you really really really need Windows, then you can install it side by side with the world's best operating system (I'm not even kidding you. Well, actually, Linux is with it as the top too ... lol)

With the new Macbook revision, you can now even play your favourite DX10 games or games like Battlefield 2142 (which the old GMA 950 can't; it's also the revision I got unfortunately because I'm also a gamer).

IMHO, you can't ever go wrong with a Macbook. Hell, I basically replaced my desktop with my Macbook by buying the miniDVI to VGA adapter (C$25.00 or HK$150). I got mine from Hong Kong so I saved on taxes and exchange rate too ;). I only use my desktop for gaming and when I absolutely need Windows apps. If I'm on the go, my VMWare Fusion takes care of Windows.

xboxrulz