xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Time Travel Possible?

Is Time Travel Possible?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is not possible to stop or go back in time (at least I don't think it is). Hover I think you can slowdown time. I agree with you that going in time would be an un-ending loop of events unless somehow we found out that time wasn't always linear (which in that case may be possible but the human brain probably couldn't understand it). That would be a good base for some sci-fi movie.
Anyway... It is thought that as you speed up time slows down (I don't know how or why). I figure if you could find a way to go the speed of light (which is not possible because of pressure) you could "stop" time. But the closer you get to that limit the slower time passes. Now this has no real meaning other then transportation to some far off location (as in not in this solar system).

If time travel was possible what (as in going back in time), the government would probably keep it real secret, so I guess the average person like me will never know if this is possible or not.
Thanks,
Sparkx

As far as I know, whenever you speed up. In comparison to your surroundings, it may seem slow for you.

xboxrulz

To investigate time travel, we need to know what time is. Does anyone have an answer for that? https://www.google.ca/search?q=define:time.

and Immanuel Kant,[3][4] in which time, rather than being an objective thing to be measured, is part of the measuring system used by humans.

So technically that means that time is a relative unit of measurement (like pixels), but relative to what?

To investigate time travel, we need to know what time is. Does anyone have an answer for that? https://www.google.ca/search?q=define:time.

So technically that means that time is a relative unit of measurement (like pixels), but relative to what?

From Doctor Who himself:

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

Probably not helpful, but amusing nonetheless. :rolleyes:

Time is a measurement in the relationship between multiple objects. So is movement. Usually people have used time to measure from a predetermined point A or t1 to another point B or t2 (which is where the person wants to go). The difference in that is time, you just subtract t2 from t1 et voila! Time is found!

xboxrulz

Time travel:I think it is possible, because the world now is just too crazy.However i completely disagree with the idea of people wanting to change the past. this is becasue if you change something insignificant in the past (I.e. hand in your work on time) it could hugley affect the future.This is just my opinion but i really DO think Time Travel is possible

When you think about it, there's quite a good reason why there is no such thing as time, it's just a system of measurement we created (as FirefoxRocks said).How could anything exist if there was once no time? Time itself couldn't possibly have started, and nothing could have been created.I also don't believe that there used to be nothing, and then the big bang created the universe and everything it. I believe there was always the universe, and it keeps on going infinitely. The big bang did happen, but it did not create the universe. It simply exploded, sending matter everywhere. I also believe that it was not the only big bang. There are probably millions of them going on in an infinitely big universe.

this kind of stuff actually confuses me. if u really think about the beginning of time, life and anything along those lines, u have to wonder how it started. the "big bang" is really weird. if there was absolutely nothing (how could there actually be nothing, especially since we're talking about the whole universe, not just earth) then how could something go bang and form this forever going thing?

When you think about it, there's quite a good reason why there is no such thing as time, it's just a system of measurement we created (as FirefoxRocks said).How could anything exist if there was once no time? Time itself couldn't possibly have started, and nothing could have been created.

I also don't believe that there used to be nothing, and then the big bang created the universe and everything it. I believe there was always the universe, and it keeps on going infinitely. The big bang did happen, but it did not create the universe. It simply exploded, sending matter everywhere. I also believe that it was not the only big bang. There are probably millions of them going on in an infinitely big universe.

this kind of stuff actually confuses me. if u really think about the beginning of time, life and anything along those lines, u have to wonder how it started. the "big bang" is really weird. if there was absolutely nothing (how could there actually be nothing, especially since we're talking about the whole universe, not just earth) then how could something go bang and form this forever going thing?

The thing is, apparently if you study 3rd year astrophysics, you get to learn about nothingness. It's not even a dark place, it's nothing. Darkness is something. There are proof that the universe didn't exist for an infinite time. I do see your point there, but as I said, there are proof that tells you that there are proof that shows that indicates the Big Bang and etc. It has to do with the radiation from different elements found on the outer local superclusters.

xboxrulz

Back to the Future, Timecop, Butterfly Effect... and many, many more... I haven't even looked into what SciFi has to offer... and what all other www sites are showing. All I know is from what I see and or know around me. Time continuance, I know it from breaking the sound barriers. I know from just watching movies what it would be like if it were to happen, and what people would like to do with it. Oh, if only I could go back in time... I wouldn't blah blah blah... Humans are too imperfect. It time travel were to happen, it would be like everything else. It would be used to do well, but would eventually come back to bite us all in the behind.I would like to think that if time travel was indeed possible that it would work with Back to the Future and not the Terminator... And the beginning of time and how vast is space... a lot of theories, but no one is able to go as far... And I think that one day if the AS FAR is found, then a lot of answers to everything would be answered.So that is why everyone will continue to be McFlys everywhere playing in their Dalorians. (Sorry about the spelling...)Have fun with the notion, but don't make yourselves loopy!- skedad -