xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
robert2411

How To Make Windows Xp Faster

Do not disable your antivirus program if you have one....yes they do use a lot of resources, and slow your system down....but a virus or trojan horse can cause you lots more issues....how would you like to spend 20 hours re-installing windows, and trying to recover all the files you can because you got a virus, or even worse trying to fix identity theft issues you have because you got a trojan horse on your computer that went and stole some personal information that you put on your compter....Delete your temporary files....this is something that will greatly help you if you have a lot of those, the system seems to run slower....also if you have McAffee privacy service...I would recommend getting rid of it...because it doesn't offer all that much protection...and seems to slow computers down to a halt....

If you want something a little more painless than autoruns, use hijackthis combined with one of the online hijackthis logfile analyzers. They'll tell you what everything is.
The other issue that can cause long startup delays is BHOs because they get loaded into memory along with the windows shell, not just IE.

I would recommend hijackthis. Its really worth studying or look into this. You can manually configure your system resources and runtime with just what you need. Google it and you can find quite a bit of tutorial on this. Comparing with Registry tweak program, I feel that its better as Registry program are mainly quite general.

And what's more, I've use this to clear some of my virus/trojan. Worth it. Cheers

there's a very good program available, it's called 'a search robot'. Google for something like 'windows xp speed up boot' (or do a search on the forums), a lot of guides are available on the net and they usualy do tell you the same:1) use msconfig to stop useless applications from starting up
2) stop useless services from starting
3) defrag your hdd
and a lot more tweaks

Thank you, this has saved reinstalling my Windows (which takes 3hrs to backup). My laptop is flying super

My laptop: TOSHIBA EQUIUM A100-147/Intel Centino Duo T2050 1.6GHz/1G of RAM/WinXP MCE 2005 w/ Update Rollup 2

I've noticed on Windows machines ... even if you have the brand spanking new system with one of the best hardware, MacOS X will always boot faster than Windows will ever, it holds especially true if both systems have the same processor.xboxrulz

How do I remove the XP 2 message on my desktop?

In the bottom right hand corner of my desktop, the message "Windows XP Home" appears with the version or XP2 below it. How do I remove this from my desktop?

-Fred Kroon

Want to have faster windows try out the modified versions of windows because Authors or I mean editors of this windows have done almost all the tweaks and tricks to speedup windows they even removed the things that have no use but consumes your memory and cpu and right now I'm using it and I'm very satisfied and happy with it. So I suggest to use it to have faster expierence oh they also pre Installed I mean the softwares like firefox Acrobat winrar or zip are included in the package so if you want to download is search in the torrents site and just type Windows XP thats all !!! Have fun with XP

i have a way but by using a software application. it is called PC Booster 2008, i think it is a freeware. bu just a one click it will speed up the performance of your pc plus there are a lot of tweak options with tips if these tweaks are recommended or not. there's no need to have hardware major tweaks. so just give it a try

1) use msconfig to stop useless applications from starting up2) stop useless services from starting3) defrag your hdd this is the best way to contain best performance...id you did it and still experiencing slow speed of your PC buy 512MB RAM and that should do itif you have old Hard Disc like me (6GB) than you should buy new Hard disc cause old Hard discs have slower speed of reading files you have on it!

Deleat unused files and backup files and you might run faster. I cleaned out my registry, used msconfig, diffragmented, ran virus scans, removed backup files and my computer still runs slow on some programs. I think it might be my hard disk like you said. I have lots of ram (1.5 GB) and a 2.5 GHZ proccessor with window XP installed shouldn't my computer be running fast? It is only a few 3D CAD softwares that make my computer run slow.Thanks for suggesting a new hard disc I think that might be the problem. I only have about 5% of the hard disc free (which apparently brings up warnings about low disc space). I don't like using software optimizors I just don't trust a script to mess around with my system files. If that script crashs then my computer wont work at all.What hardware should I upgrade to make my computer run faster? Is my proccessor out dated?Thanks,Sparkx

for now you should just consider buying new hard disc....no need to buy other things atmbtw you need at least 200 MB free on a partition where you installed windows to make it run freely and properly...

Well I do agree with your saying but sometimes the requirements of the OS exceed the pocket of the middle class - and this only to see some special The Wizard of Oz effects. I don't know some of the essential processes to require a lot of hardware - it is all the same story - you want more visual effects - you need more resources...wy go for that? The answer is simple...

how can i make a partion to my 80 gig hard drive without formating it?

But here is my another problem,I want to have another drive so I can store and back up my important files but my hard drive had a OS(windows xp pro)and I want have a two drive in 1 hard disk.. Help me please, what will I do?

-reply by Francia

faster xp

Replying to xboxrulz use spybot search and destroy install it before you download anything and block what you do not want to start on its own and its forever permenently blocked until you say otherwise

-reply by robbie turnbull