xisto Community
velma

All About Asta Feedbacker

Hello,Today OpaQue made a change to both Xisto and Xisto forums by allowing non members to post their comments without becoming members.Whenever a non-member ( Guest) posts a comment it reaches our support email where technicians screen through the comments and post the good quality posts under the name Asta FeedBacker.This Account is used by OpaQue and I so there is no scope of anyone cheating or anything :D . The=is account is not eligible for Web Hosting as the posts are not original. A note to the moderators, posts in this account might be spammish as some of the views are only one liners but none the less important :blink:I hope members appreciate this idea and help encourage the idea. The one thing I hope for is that the guests would get tempted and become members here :XD:Velma

It does sound like an interesting idea to have this....Although, does this mean that the posts are automatically put in or are they moderated first? Because if they aren't moderated first it seems like we could end up with a ton of spam posts...otherwise it sounds like a great idea. Although then you guys got to make sure to stay on top of this so that the posts aren't appearing several days after they were originally made...All in all, nice idea and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I also think it is a good idea to get others involved. I think it is good to branch out to others, as long as it is not being abused and misused... It would not be good if someone wanted to come in and crowd the shoutbox... Ok, so I don't mean to be negative...But this also can be a good thing.. letting others see from the outside what goes on around the sites and forums, and could spread the word. If someone is not as sure what to do with hosting and or forums, this gives them an opportunity to get used to what goes on around here. The shoutbox scrolls 24/7, and it is a good way for guests to come in and meet the members or other guests. Again, I think giving people abilities and not making people go ahead and join without having touring and testing, they may not be totally involved.So, hello guests! Come on in and enjoy... the forums are always flowing around here!- bob aka skedad -

seems like a good idea..:Brian:., it says that the post are emailed to the support email address and the good ones are put on so i spose that they are moderated. cos yeah if they arent moderated that could potentially cause a problem with spam bots and just losers having a laugh.

Hello,

I was sick so I could not reply to this earlier ;)

Although, does this mean that the posts are automatically put in or are they moderated first? Because if they aren't moderated first it seems like we could end up with a ton of spam posts...

Yes they will be reaching our support system and I will be moderating them and then posting them,

I too am excited about this idea as more people might get interested in the forum and new topics might get opened hopefully ;)

Wow.. That's definitely something new to this forum. Though I've seen a few familiar nicks, its a good idea to allow guest on posting. Been to a few forums previously and those only allow viewing by guest, and not posting. And of course I'm just a guest there in search of answers. Personally support that, however there's always the cons on everything. So as what velma said, every post will be moderate. ;) Am looking forward to more new topics too. Cheers

Oh that's a really good idea to allow non registered members to have a see and get some information for themselves before committing to an account.It might stop more possible accounts from just being left doing nothing.