xisto Community
Marcella

Playstation 3 Emulator?

Also you have to remember that games consoles use their own file system as well, which is why if you put an xbox disk in to a computer it won't read it unless you use special software. Some of it's similar to NTFS and FAT however the slight difference makes it unreadable to OS's like Windows.

Anyway, you made your point. In the end it's the owner's choice what to do with the disc. Play it, eat it, bite it or smash it. All the company cares is that they got paid for it!

Maybe not. Maybe, when you buy your game, you implicitly or explicitly accept a contract saying that this game has to be played on a Playstation (or on a Wii), and cannot be used for any other purpose, or cannot be played with any other player like a PC or a washing machine.

Also you have to remember that games consoles use their own file system as well, which is why if you put an xbox disk in to a computer it won't read it unless you use special software. Some of it's similar to NTFS and FAT however the slight difference makes it unreadable to OS's like Windows.

It may not be readable but the special software you mention (I'm guessing you have something like IsoBuster in mind?) manages to read the disc and rip its contents onto the PC or into an iso file, and that is how of course it gets leaked onto the net. After getting the disc's content onto the PC the futile effort of playing it normally in an emulator begins!

Maybe not. Maybe, when you buy your game, you implicitly or explicitly accept a contract saying that this game has to be played on a Playstation (or on a Wii), and cannot be used for any other purpose, or cannot be played with any other player like a PC or a washing machine.

The company doesn't care what we do with the disc - all they bother about is that we don't make illegal copies of it. And is that really a contract? Isn't it more like a warning? A warning which scares you by saying that your disc may get damaged unless you use it in the prescribed machine. Whether its a warning or a contract, at least it doesn't put any restrictions like DRM does for music. As long as we use the disc on the correct machine, we can do whatever we want with it.

As long as we use the disc on the correct machine, we can do whatever we want with it.

This is precisely the point today. We want to use a software on a machine different from the correct machine. We want to read a Playstation3 disc on a PC.

This is precisely the point today. We want to use a software on a machine different from the correct machine. We want to read a Playstation3 disc on a PC.

Rules are meant to be broken anyway :) It's just too bad that this isn't one of those problems which can be fixed by using some sort of crack/patch. There's no other option but to patiently wait for those tireless developers who are working on a PS3 emulator to finish their job and come out with something that actually works. Our controllers are ready - we just need to wait for the emulator, which unfortunately, is nowhere in sight.

Rules are meant to be broken anyway :D It's just too bad that this isn't one of those problems which can be fixed by using some sort of crack/patch.

Sorry, Man, please read our forum rules first. :) Here we respect the rules. A rule is valid until it is replaced by a stronger rule.
Here, at Xisto, we do only legit things, and we do not talk about cracks or other things.
If you cannot accept these rules, please go out from here.

Sorry, Man, please read our forum rules first. mad.gif

Here we respect the rules. A rule is valid until it is replaced by a stronger rule.

Here, at Xisto, we do only legit things, and we do not talk about cracks or other things.

If you cannot accept these rules, please go out from here.

Hey Yordan, I've already sent you a PM regarding this but thought it's best to clear it here as well. First, by the words Rules are meant to be broken, I was only referring to the well-known phrase and was not stating that the forum rules are meant to be broken! Next, I was in no way encouraging the use of c****s! I hardly talked about it all all - it was just a mention in a sentence which wasn't talking about how it is used. I'm sorry if the mere mention of the word is offensive - I'll be careful not to mention it again!

Yo yordan, don't take it personal. :) Chill out, btw i think there is a Playstation 3 emulator called PCSX3 but you need PC with processor with hell of a speed, RAM and graphic card... It not worth it to try if you don't have very fast PC parts from this type...

PCSX3? Lol PCSX2 itself wasn't very successful in emulating PS2 games. What hope is there for the PS3?! I got the list of minimum requirements for the PCSX2 from Wikipedia. Take a look:

Minimum

* Windows XP/Windows Vista or Linux 32bit/64bit

* CPU that supports SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up)

* GPU that supports Pixel Shader 2.0

* 512MB RAM

Recommended

* Windows XP/Windows Vista or Linux 32bit/64bit

* CPU: Core 2 Duo 3.2GHz

* GPU: GeForce 8600 GT or better

* 1GB RAM (2GB if using Windows Vista)

Now if those are the requirements for PS2 games, one can very well imagine what the requirements will be like for the PS3 games - they're way more advanced than the PS2 ones so it would need very powerful configurations. And people who can afford to get those powerful parts can very well afford to get the PS3 itself, so the whole point of using the emulator is meaningless! One can very well buy the PS3 and enjoy the original experience rather than buying expensive hardware and trying to adjust with dull speeds.

ugh not to be a necro here.

ePSXe has been 99.9 pct flawless for years now, and pcsx2 runs a lot of games full speed for me been enjoying many rpgs I missed out on.

also note that I have an amd x2 5000+ @ 3ghz and a 1 gig 4850... Hardly a good setup these days, intel cpus are much better for pcsx2, but even with SSE2 graphics plugins I am getting full speed...

so those hating on previous generation consoles being emulated not well obviously have no clue how to set them up, either that or you have some integrated P.O.S graphics card and think your pc is good - but its not.

also CPU is much more important then GPU atm, but just think an old x2 5000+ running 60fps in PCSX2... I mean what year did you guys build your pcs???

1. PCs available at the same time as a console is released will always be more powerful than a console and can be upgraded as well.

2. To emulate hardware you need about 5-10 times the power of the original system.

3. Out of the last generation of consoles the xbox is the only console that that hasn't been emulated to play most of its games (only a few work so far). The PSX had a working emulator a while ago and the PS2 has over 50% of its games working already.  nojavascript.html;

The gamecube and even the current nintendo wii has been emulated already so it is possible if there are people who want to develop the emulator and PCs with hardware powerful enough to run it.

-reply by lukil

Boss,

Above config is only OK! and I use PCSX2 which gives better performance in my Laptop. I have ASUS G51Jx-X3 (i5, 4GB DDR3, 500GB7200RPM, 1GB nvidia GTS360 SLI 15.6 fullHD TFT).  It gives an amazing performance!! 

Now if PCSX3 comes, my Laptop is definately going to support the required config and speed!

I am just waiting for it!

hey there's a processor from intel (SANDY BRIDGE project) which is going to be released in 2011.The special thing about this processor is, It is both a processor and a GPU . Motherboad for this processor's are released. It uses the same i7 processor socket and I think they don't have PCIE graphics slot. They are much more powerful than the i7. Intel showed its project/demo in Intel Developer Forum go google it & watch the demo. It encodes a Very high qualiy HD VIDEO in seconds than a high end i7. I don't have words to explain it. Please check this & make decisions about ps3 emulators /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley2.Gif

Are you kidding???Playstation 3 Emulator?

Certainly you know nothing about what a PC is capable of. The Xbox 360 has a processor that is inferior to what is available on the PC. The graphics chip in the 360 is also a laugh, packing only 40 stream processoris, it is equivalent to the PC's  Radeon HD 2400 series graphics card. The Radeon HD 3870 packs 320 stream processors. And as of late 2010, the Radeon HD 5970 packs a total of 3200 stream processors. The PC has better frame rates, faster load screens, better graphics, and can support higher than 1920x1080 resolution.

Replying to iGuestI have an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz. On a MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 with 2 XFX HD-577X-ZNLC Radeon HD 5770 in cross fire mode. Running full speed great graphics.. So I think I can handle a PS3 Emulator