xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

What Language Is That? A guide to the most common web languages.

yeah i love clean code too, when i look at the code of sites, i hate just seeing it all on one line or just a few things on one line and like chunks and that.thats wot i like about xhtml, to actually make it valid, it has to be clean.i also think people who make sites without css should really start. i had one once, i decided to learn css after that because i had to change something on every page once but if i had a style sheet then i wouldnt of had too. i also had to put the stupid font tags for everything, lol.

PHP, XHTML (none of this HTML nonsense :)) and CSS are allI ever really use. That might be because I've never even vaguely attempted to learn anything else, but so far I've found little need to go elsewhere to find the functionality that I require. PHP is, in my mind, sheer awesomeness. I find it a slight pain to try to make my .php files look tidy when having to <i>echo</i> chunks of XHTML code in them, and I'm always trying to find ways around that, but if you combine it with MySQL the sheer level of versatility can't be beaten.
Still, I'm by no means an expert web developer. More of a tinkerer, with a love for clean code. B)

:rolleyes: I can relate to you there...

Yeah, sometimes whenever I'm using a script that I downloaded from a site somewhere, and I see it organised like this:

if (whatever==whatever) {
do such; and such;
}

I can't stand it!

I also can't stand pieces of code that switch between using single quotation marks (') and double ones (").