xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Connection To Ftp Server Resetting

For some reason I can't connect to my FTP server! It was working fine yesterday, but when I tried to connect a minute ago, it said it could not login. I made a new account, and tried that, and now it logs in with any account, but the connection resets. I use Windows Explorer as my FTP Client. Can anyone help?

Odd, I was working away all day with the ftp with no problems at all, I have just logged in and out a coupe of times and its fine here for me.I would try using a "proper" ftp client like Bulletproof or Cute FTP, this was you have more control over the conection and you have more options to try different ways of connecting.I would suggest switching between active and passive mode on the ftp connection, something I dont know how to do in Explorer because I always use Bulletproof for everything.Is anyone else having problems with FTP atm?

Ok, turns out it was just my internet playing up. I couldn't access any Xisto-hosted sites. It's all working now though, I can access my site fine, and yesterday FTP was working again. But All of a sudden, when I tried to access FTP just now, it timed out trying to reach the public_html folder, and now when I try to access the public_html or www folders, I get this error:An error occurred opening that folder on the FTP server. Make sure you have permission to access that folder.Details: 250 OK. Current directory is /public_html 200 TYPE is now ASCII Can anyone make any sense out of this or tell me what's wrong?Edit:I downloaded FileZilla, and it works fine in that now!

Edited by Habble (see edit history)

Where you logging in as a user that did not have permissions for that directory (or were you logged in at all?)Good to know that FileZilla is working for you, much better then Explorer! :blink: