xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lev

Rate My Logo Logo for some development group

Hi all, would you like to rate my logo and choose which one is the best for you.. :blink:

Job description: Typography logo for software development group of some company, they wanted it clean without any symbols.

Posted Image

once it loads ill tell u...i like 5 and 7!i dont think much of 2 but the others are ok!they are nice and simple and easy to look at.

HAHAH!I think we all agree on 3 and 5!A good logo must be readable, so:-No thin strokes, it's no use in small sizes-Should work with any background, which are the cases of 3 and 5-You should print it in different sizes so that you can judge how thick should be your line.I personally think it should be thicker, but ok if you like it so.Thanks for sharing your work!

HAHAH!I think we all agree on 3 and 5!

A good logo must be readable, so:
-No thin strokes, it's no use in small sizes
-Should work with any background, which are the cases of 3 and 5
-You should print it in different sizes so that you can judge how thick should be your line.
I personally think it should be thicker, but ok if you like it so.

Thanks for sharing your work!

forget the outlined designs..........ouitline to thin........and what above said it needs to be thicker......or more contrasty

Well, first of all, they're all really the same logo; they just have different color schemes. Which color scheme you use probably depends on where the logo is going to be placed. Is this going to be used on a website? Then the colors should fit with the scheme of the site, so I can't really say which one is best. If it's a standalone-type thing, then I'd say three and five are nice. I can imagine four fitting pretty well if the logo were big, but as acettea7 said, big logos usually don't scale well, and scalability is obviously important. If the logo is being used in a website, then six and seven seem like nice choices, depending on the color scheme of the site. Obviously six and seven don't work well as standalones, since there's a colored-in background.