xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Nikon Unleashes An Iso 25,600 Whopper ( Dslr D3 ) !

Couldn't resist letting you guys drool over this one... :blink:

Posted Image

Following a long wait and a series of rumours, Nikon has unleashed what is being deemed as the fastest camera on this planet - the D3 DSLR (SLR Digital Camera). The new flagship product of Nikon features a mind-boggling ISO equivalent of 25,600.

This 12.1 Megapixel baby doesn't just stop at that. It sports a 920,000-pixel VGA viewfinder with a 170-degree viewing angle with live view, a 51-point AF (auto-focus) system with 15 cross-type AF points, and a 200-6400 standard ISO range and can reach upto a maximum of 11 fps in burst mode. The super hi-tech (read sensitive) innards come wrapped with a magnesium alloy body that can easily withstand a sandstorm.

Those who're already drooling over this (that includes me), here's the spirit dampener - the price tag. It comes at a hefty, body-only $4,999.

Read the full story...

I'm already in love with it :blink: I would really like to get a new camera - especially one like this, but its a bit on the expensive side (especially for me!) It would be great to have, maybe when its a bit cheaper!

Can't wait to see the first photos taken with this beast :blink: . Noise levels should be pretty low with this camera, tough I doubt that even at ISO6400 things will start to look quite crappy :D . Does anyone know how they boost the ISO upto 25600 ? Pixel binning or some other technique ?

Nikon's announcement about their new full frame cameras were a big surprise for me, i was totally sure they're not going to announce FF this year. They have some troubles with their traditional CCD sensor to make it FF size...now i see they decided to use CMOS sensor (like canon) so i'am waiting to see some results from these new Nikon's toys...it's going to be very interesting... :blink: