xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
William Wood

Easily Making A Game

There is a better way to make games than to program them with C++, Pascal, LIMBO (both C and Pascal) or Visual Basic. You can download Game Maker from http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker and easily make your own games, rather than having to learn a programming language.
Oh, and another thing is, its FREE. The version with more features costs money, but this version is FREE! That's right... With the costly version, you can make 3D Games, etc, but you can still have fun with the free one.
I made a game which was really weird because I didn't know how to use it properly, but that doesn't mean you won't. I recommend you get a copy now, and try it out.
Enjoy using game maker! :blink:

Yes, I have a registered version of Game Maker and I've been using it for several years. It's a very useful program and I reccomend it to anyone. Also, if you're using Game Maker, you should sign up to the GMC, Game Maker's official forums. You can get all kinds of help and advice here.

Yeah, I remember the days when it was still free! I have a copy of that on cd somewhere :blink:. Its a very simple program, but heaps of fun if you are looking for a very simple way of making games!