xisto Community
ShadowJedi187

Help! Pc Not Detecting Video Card

Hi. I need help with installing a video/graphic card in the PCI Express x16 slot. My motherboard is Intel D915PBL. This problem applies to a ATI X700 card. I slotted the card into the PCI Express x16 slot and when I turn on the computer, the fan of the video card is spinning. However, Windows did not detect any new hardware. Btw, my motherboard doesn't comes with in-built video card. Since I don't have a on-board vid card I need a video card to see whats on my monitor. I'll plug the vid card in and my monitor works fine. I see everything with it. I just can't play games that require direct x.So, any suggestions out there? Oh..one more thing I've tried installing drivers for it. It tells me that it can't install because there's no hardware for it.

Thank you for the help. :P

Edited by ShadowJedi187 (see edit history)

It seems weird. You can actually boot into windows with that video card, and display properly. But Windows didn't detect any new hardware. Did you check that under device manager, what's under Display adapters? The driver you tried, is it in the CD or you download yourself manually? Either way, it might have been a wrong driver.One more way is to boot into safe mode and see what's under Display adapters in device manager. If there's a few being displayed, you can try uninstall them, then reboot into normal windows, now it should prompt you for the driver.Good Luck

That also works, but it just sounds like he just forgot to install the drivers. Just reinstall them from the AMD ATI website.
xboxrulz

Yes, but normally windows should at least prompt for it, or will show that it's installing driver for the new hardware if there's a compatible one available from windows.

The video card is definately compatible with all of my hardware/software and I did try installing the drivers for the hardware. I'm currently running Windows XP with SP1. I checked with device manager and display adapters and it's blank for both. The video card worked before I reformatted my PC. I've updated everything. BIOS drivers..chipset drivers...you name it I've updated it... But thanks for you support guys. Any useful information would be valuble to me right now. I'm outta solutions. :P

The video card is definately compatible with all of my hardware/software and I did try installing the drivers for the hardware. I'm currently running Windows XP with SP1. I checked with device manager and display adapters and it's blank for both. The video card worked before I reformatted my PC. I've updated everything. BIOS drivers..chipset drivers...you name it I've updated it... But thanks for you support guys. Any useful information would be valuble to me right now. I'm outta solutions. :P

Maybe you can try reformat again. Also you might wanna try using XP SP2. SP1 still lags behind in hardware support.
Before you last reformatted you windows, how did you install the video card? Like normal? Is this hardware configuration comes as it was, or you have upgraded the video card?

If you have another video card, then it's good that you can try it out. Either that if your motherboard has 2 PCIe 16X slot, you can also try swapping the slot. Sometime this help to trigger something in windows, so it redetect your hardware. Another method is Clearing the NVRAM in your bios. There should be such option or something similar, just enable it and restart. Windows will redetect some of the basic hardware.

So you tried downloading the Catalyst Software Suite already:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Try taking out the video card again and putting it back in. Maybe reseating it will help. Windows should have detected it in the Device Manager. You can also try to scan for hardware changes by going to your Device Manager and click on your computer name at the very top. Then go to Action->Scan for hardware changes to see if the video card shows up now.

Otherwise, try installing SP2 as mentioned earlier to see if it helps.

first of all check if you have enabled dual monitor support. Right-click on the desktop and go to properties.In the property window, under the tab called advanced, choose your primary device as ATI X700.Now plug ur monitor to the video card and restart the machine. if you can see the display, ur problem is 90% solved. Now install video driver and direct X, and start ur gaming. :P

video card stopped being recognized as installed

Help! Pc Not Detecting Video Card

ive been having a simular problem. I have a Gateway gt5028 with windows media center and sp2. I installed a GeForce 7800GT oc 256mb card and it worked fine for about a month. Now its not being recognized. Every once in a while when I turn the pc on it will use it and sometimes the pc wont boot at all. 90% of the time it boots slow and doesnt even show that the 7800 is installed. Display adapters just show the onboard 6100.

Hi. I need help with installing a video/graphic card in the PCI Express x16 slot. My motherboardIs Intel DG31PR. This problem applies to a nVidia Geforce 6series 512MB modal-p260 card. I slottedThe card into the PCI Express x16 slot and when I turn on the computer, the fan of the video card is spinning. However, Windows did not detect any new hardware. Btw, my motherboard doesn'tComes with in-built video card. Since I don't have a on-board vid cardI need a video card to see whats on my monitor. I'll plug the vid cardIn and my monitor works fine. I see everything with it. I just can'tPlay games that require direct x.So, any suggestions out there? Oh..OneMore thing I've tried installing drivers for it. It tells me that itCan't install because there's no hardware for it.

-question by amit

Check the bios settings as the new devices attached to the pci ports are disabled by defaultjust check the connectionsThere may be another problem that if windows detected the card first then it will try to install out the software given out by windows so if windows does install the software and then remove the drivers installed by windows and then install the drivers providedit may workthere might be a problem with directx 3d graphicsgo to run and type dxdiagA new window will be opened in that windowa display tab will be present enable directx if it is disabled

hey I have exactly same problem with my NVidia 8600 GTAfter working fine for 2 years with no problems, my card NVidia 8600 GT fails to get detected from past 2 days. After using windows hibernate feature for first time, I tried to boot my pc the next day and my pc booted with a blank screen (Not even BIOS spalsh screen appeared).I tested my NVidia 8600 GT and Monitor on another pc and it works absolutely fine.I even upgraded the PSU and it did not help.BTW - The pc boots normally when the monitor is connected to onBoard VGA graphics device.Any Help Please?

-reply by desperatepanda

pci express vga card cannot detect by the mother baordHelp! Pc Not Detecting Video Card

who else can help me because my MotherBoard asrock alivenf7g-fullhd r1.0 cannot detect the pci express vga card Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT, when I inserted the pci express vga card it works fine and I installed the appropriate driver then after several hours my motherboard cannot detect the video card and it detects only the onboard vga display, it tried to reset the bios then the problem was still the same. And I tried my video card to the another pc it works fine.