xisto Community

I was just wondering if there was some major outage or something? Because when trying to visit my site it did not work (at the moment it still doesn't, but hopefully that'll fix itself soon). Also, when trying to view Xisto, the website did not load. After trying to load other xisto websites, I had the same issue. I was just wondering what all that was about, since I thought that these sites were on different servers and such.

The server may be fine, actually I am sure that the server was fine, seeing as it appeared as though I couldn't connect to the other xisto network sites, meaning that more than one server was not responding. What I am guessing is that it was some sort of a problem with the connections all the servers had to the internet or something, anyhow it would be nice to hear some announcements about these outages at some point....you know like a little thing, saying sorry for the downtime....blah...blah...etc.?

I don't remember the exact day when my site was down (some time last week), but the down time lasted only about 5-10 minutes. I was actually on the paid hosting when this happened. I was going to contact Xisto - Web Hosting if it lasted anything longer than 10 minutes. They did a great job to bring it back up if there was an issue. Otherwise, it was probably just a quick maintenance of some sort :P

Well, I can say that I still would like a little notification about outages and such...if it were possible...For instance, at the moment...i am unable to load my website...it says that it cannot find the server...yet Xisto works fine...so i am not sure what that is about...but i'll wait about a half hour or so before formally contacting support.Does anybody else feel the same way about getting notified somehow about system outages (even if it is after they have occurred, and have been fixed)?

Ive just had that problem. its working now but i have the problem alot.all the xisto sites except Xisto - Web Hosting and the actual xisto site dont work.sometimes i like it down cos i get excited that we might be getting the normal non yuk theme.

Edited by Sten (see edit history)

brian, a few weeks ago I had some problems connecting to my website, as well as everyone elses. But same as you, could still access the Xisto forums. I could access pages from Xisto, Trap, all the xisto group, just not the hosted websites.The problem seemed to sort itself after a few days! I did nothing to fix it cause I didn't have them time, then suddenly it worked! Hopefully its working for you soon!-jimmy

Well It works fine for me now, but it seems to be an intermittent problem....I was really thinking of going to the paid server in a few months...but now I am not so sure due to these outages...not sure if my site is going to have the same fate there or not...Now I am going to wait a few more months....and see how things go, hopefully though I'll be choosing to go with Xisto - Web Hosting...i guess it all depends on how things go for the next couple months.

i was going to get Xisto - Web Hosting a while ago but i found an australian one which had some better features and more space and all that, and when u convert the prices its cheaper than Xisto - Web Hosting and a site similar to mine uses it.

Well I am going to stick with Xisto for a couple more months probably, see how all the services work out...and then make my decision about switching to Xisto - Web Hosting or using another host...

For about a year (not too long ago), I had major issues accessing the forums half of the day (basically everyday) and some sites hosted here too.Though that issue appears to have vanished, so uhh good work lol.