xisto Community
MediYama

Stretching My Site Vertically Using CSS or HTML

I know it's possible, I've seen it one time. But I forgot. Many websites, if they hold more content than there is room for in the minimum height, the site stretches vertically. How can I do this? I only know that I need a background image of 1px height.Thanks in advanceMediYama

Err...
May I suggest you to read the vujsa tutorial here : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/82089-topic/?findpost=1064290424
first create his very simple first page, with a small text displayed.
Then, add a second line of text and see how it looks.
You will see that, as long as you add more lines of text, your web page will stretch down to fit whole text you want to display.
So, the stretching downwards feature is a normal feature of a standard webpage.
If the page you mentionned in your topic does not stretch down, then, there is a problem attached to your page, like forcing a fixed size to your page.

You don't get my point yordan. One thing I have figured out though. If you have a div style with your contents in it, and it has a background image or colour, how does the color stretch together with the content?

You don't get my point yordan. One thing I have figured out though. If you have a div style with your contents in it, and it has a background image or colour, how does the color stretch together with the content?

Just try what I was telling you, you will see that your background image will be side-to-side reproduced downards and rightwards in order to cover the whole text displayed in your webpage.Simply choose an image whose border will with a weak border, so that it intermixes well.

Would it be possible for you to post up some of the original code and then some of the fixed code so that others might learn from your trials?After all, that is the purpose of the Forum. You came here asking for assistance but don't appear to willing to assist others. Not very good Netiquette...

well im not sure if this is wot u mean but...

<table><tr><td height="100%" background="wotever.wotever">content goes here just keep going and it will get bigger</td></tr></table>

if thats wot u mean.