xisto Community
ratchetclan4

Computer Turns Self Off

my computer does not start up it always turnoff without showing anythingComputer Turns Self Off

I'm having a problem with my pc when I start my computer it automatically turns of and some times after maybe after several hours it can start and use it for may be 2 hours and it again turns off or switch off itself without any message I don't know the problem and some times you can use it for almost one or two weeks and again the problems comes again! 

-question by julius

machine shuts down !!Computer Turns Self Off

Hi GUYS,

Have 2 pcs with A7V400MX ASUS mainboards - one with sempron & other with athlon xp cpus.    One was in use and other one off mostly. Though was working well last time. Now I realise both machines just shut off after a while on booting. Earlier it used to work for 5 min. Or so now the interval is very short. Barely clears the boot setup screen. 

Have tried interchanging the smps , checked all connections. Even reinstalled both cpus . BUT TO NO AVAIL.

thinking its because of the fans having conked out , replaced new fans over the heat sinks. They briefly come on and then board simply shuts it down.

What are the chances of both smps / both cpu fans conking off at the same time. One machine is 3 yr. Old and other a yr younger.

Need guidance ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Kedar

-reply by Kedar

hey,

I have an Asrock 4 CoreDual Sata-2 Mobo, with PCI-e and AGP. I recently upgraded to a Geforce 9400gt PCIe card, and now either when I start up windows after having the pc on for a bit, or testing the system with the windows experience index, it switches off with the power LED still on, and I have to turn off the PSU. I'm relatively sure this is either an overheating issue or a PSU failure, but as my previous card (an ATI radeon 2400 pro agp) has the same 300W requirements as the 9400gt, and my PSU is 350w, and a Geforce FX 5700 agp works fine in here, I'm pretty sure it's an overheating issue.

How the f**k am I meant to fix this? I've tried everything, freeing space next to the fan, changing power settings for PCIe in windows, updating the BIOS, nothing works. This is really annoying me because a new 9400GT is £30 I don't have and I bought this used off a friend for £10, and my case is WELL COOLED with 7 fans!!

Any help would be appreciated

-reply by Matt Ferguson

Sound, blink, and freezeComputer Turns Self Off

I have a problem every time I open explorer and click the start button. My computer freeze forSeconds and start running again after my monitor blinks, strange sounds come out from my speaker every time I click something and move the scroll bar. If  ignore that, computer will completely freeze.

I've tried to reinstall my windows xp and try almost all anti virus to scan my computer, but still can't fix the problem. Please help.

-reply by Dimas Bawono

monitor displays nothingComputer Turns Self Off

Monitor displays nothing and the Monitor power LED goes to be on and off ,at the same time the Hard Disk Drive indicater light is off.What could be the problem?

-reply by mehari

computer problemComputer Turns Self Off

I have problem with my computer and I don't know how to fix it. This happened last night while I'm using my computer it suddenly paused, so I restart it hoping that it will be fix. Unfortunately, when I restarted it the moniter did not open or it is still in blank while it's power blink. Also, there is unusual sound in my cpu that occurred. Hope, you'll help me to fix this guys. Thank you.

-reply by DAVEKeywords: fixing computer when you turn on it the monitor still black or doe not open and the lights blinks, and the cpu have unusual sound

I would recommend that you unplug all of your outside usb port hook-ups including your printer and then try turning your computer back on. Sometimes what is wrong is that something has accidentally come partly out of it's connection. What can also happen is that if your printer is having problems and you have that printer hooked up to your computer, your computer will stop booting up altogether. What you can also do is to go into the bios menu and take a look and see if you are overheating by looking at your CPU temp. Depending on the type of processor you have you can find the "Normal" CPU tempratue at this website: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ does sound like your computer maybe overheating. If it is, check your power supply unit for dust and clean that out thoroughly. Also check the inside of your computer for dust and clean that out as well. If your computer is overheating, this will help fix the problem.

-reply by karla