xisto Community
trinifawk

Digital Lockets! digital picture lockets

I don't know if this counts as me 'discovering' something today, but I was looking around for presents for my sig. other and I was searching for something along the lines of a digital picture frame or a locket. Well, guess what: some smart people decided to combine the two of them and came up with a digital photo locket. J&R has it for about $32 after shipping. I'm not too sure about the battery life though, but it seems like an interesting gift idea.

The link can be found below:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well, that's what I found and I thought that I would share with the rest of you guys.

- Trinifawk

It's one of those weird inbetweens, if you're digital it'll be your desktopbg, if you're old you probably don't have a laptop. My grandparents have been converted (to digital), so I dunno anyone who'd like this.

Interesting idea....but I don't really like it all that much.It just looks bad in my opinion....also...digital? Why would you want a digital one? Wouldn't you want it to be a regular one...one that'll keep the picture forever...isn't the the idea of it?

That's the downfall of this item- the battery life. I believe that it's rated to last about 2 hours when on. That's where it would fall into the category of 'toy' instead of 'jewelry'. Maybe one day they can get it to work on kinetic energy or something.

In short I think it's a very interesting idea, but they really need to work on the full design of the locket if they want to progress with it. The short battery life is basically a joke. In my opinion, I don't think the design is particularly aesthetically pleasing either.Furthermore, I highly doubt that a digital locket could harbour the same sentimental values as a traditional piece of jewellery in which a permanent photo can be viewed and kept for years on end.

Edited by Thereupon (see edit history)

Man that thing is ugly, haha. I agree with the 'cool idea' portion, but damn son, that is an ugly, UGLY thing. I think a girl would slap me if I bought that for her unless she was 10.That being said, I HAVE seen some similar items, silver chains with digital electronics on the end, but they were small lcd panels so you could put a personal name, word, design, etc on them. They actually looked cool and were refined and didn't look like a toy. Basically I think a digital locket could be cool, but it cant be a bulky toy-looking thing such as this one. Unless it is, in fact, for kids to just mess around with.

I don't really see the point of this, the battery runs out, and you can't see your photo.. If you just used a regular photo it would be there forever.. Plus this one looks ugly and from the looks of it, it looks plastic. Same thing with some digital photo frames I've seen. You can make a mini slide show in the photo frame.. it kind of seems useless. Traditional photos are way better, and are cheaper.

http://www.macmall.com/pcmall
This is another link that you can see the product on. If the link dies again, the manufacturer is CTA International. I think I saw them selling at Target recently also, so it must be getting some kind of attention for it to be on sale in those stores. I personally would get an MP3 player that has picture and video before getting one of these. =)

Ha! many that is so crazy it just might work! I can see my wife now... but there could be a bad spin to this one... She loves to jam to her iShuffle all of the time... I can just see the entanglement that is jammin to the iTunes and then trying to look at your locket at the same time! Ok, so that was a bit much... but man... I think it is sooo crazy with what is coming out nowadays. I loved my cellphone, but it was an older model, and after doing anything for a few minutes, BOOM there goes the cell battery. I want a camera phone just to take ridiculous pics without having to worry about losing battery when I actually would answer the phone again!But seriously, GO TECHNOLOGY! I want my daughters and my little guy to get into everything new nowadays, and go outside too... maybe everything portable is the way to go! I just might have to get myself a nice laptop too... But not for my neck!* will try to remember the locket for my wife's bday... hmmm, Christmas is coming!*

digital locketDigital Lockets!My 10 year old has had a digital locket for two years. It was pre-loaded with pictures for her and she hasn't even touched it since she received it. Come up with a better idea than a digital locket-it's big and bulky and if a 10 year old isn't swayed then I'm sure anyone older certainly won't be either.-reply by Pinky