xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mtnbluet

Make You Own Wii Media Center

What does it take to create a truly functional Wii media center on a Mac?

First using Wii Transfer you can stream music and photos from a Mac.

Next using Wii Media Center you can stream video as well.

Wii Hear is a website which streams Internet radio stations using Flash.

You can also Finetune this by creating your own Internet radio stations around a favorite Artist.

Lastly, Viewii is a site allowing you to see all the YouTubes.

Hence, you now have a Wii Media Center, finally.

My brother has a Wii! All he really does on it though is go on the internet (he bought a wi-fi adapter)He doesnt go on this forum though so he wont ever read it!

I think like xbox I am a big xbox fan <_<My son has an old xbox with an 80gig hd in it, Ive kinda pimped it up into a Linux media center also.He can play and dvd,avi,mpeg,divx,xvid,mov etc on it and go on the internet (we did have to take it apart and solder a USB connecter into the front of it though) with a keyboard and mouse. I even got hold of an xbox VGA convertor so he has it hooked up to a flatpanel at a nice rez and refresh rate;))But saying all that..my son does like the look of the Wii and it seems to be pretty powerfull and versatile, but i think he likes the controllers more than anything.But I think I am still going to steer him into getting a xbox 360 for Christmas!! I really like the look of the 360 and its specs are pretty amazing for the price you pay for it.

True, with 3.2GHz of horsepower and with a tricore, it's amazing (unfortunately it's an in-order execution core). It's the best you can get. However, modding will no longer be easy at all, as far as I know, there are very few stores that modify the XBOX 360.xboxrulz

The best way to find a Wii for the $250 that it usually sells at (with only the bare essentials) is to go to a gaming store in the mall... They seem to have some in stock on some days, and other times they're totally out. Right now, if you're looking for a Wii, there's one at Buy.com selling for $451 after shipping, but that's for a bundle. I am very interested in exploring the capabilities of the 'modern' gaming systems, but the high price tag is turning me away. I wonder what the ps3 can do? hehe