xisto Community
jimmy89

Support: Laptop Wont Turn On

was the problem immediatly after repair? did they know they sent you home with a still broken laptop... if so, was it because thay themselves broke it.... i dont see how repairing a sound issue turns into a power issue

Very Urgent Help laptop dosnt turn on :( :( Support: Laptop Wont Turn On

I turn off my laptop ( Sony Vaio ) without shufting it down just my taking the battary I am doing this methode from a while now ana I tied to open it again but the widows is not opening and it give me a black page telling me start the window normlly when I pes it nothing change it give me again this black page and I need to open it without burning my saved files I know I can renew it by reinstalling the window but I need my files to still be saved very Urgent Please help Thxxx /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley1.Gif

I turn off my laptop ( Sony Vaio ) without shufting it down just my taking the battary I am doing this methode from a while now ana I tied to open it again but the widows is not opening and it give me a black page telling me start the window normlly when I pes it nothing change it give me again this black page and I need to open it without burning my saved files I know I can renew it by reinstalling the window but I need my files to still be saved very Urgent Please help Thxxx [

OK, first of all you should know that this must never be done on a Windows system : you must use the the standard Microsoft way of powering off your system, else you simply test the Microsoft recovery program, and now you see that this recovery is not fully efficient.Now, the easiest thing is to boot on a LiveCD operating system, the most well-known is Knoppix, but Mandrive One is also a good solution.
Boot on the Linux liveCD, and then copy all your own files (texts, pictures, music etc...) on a removable media (an external USB disk for instance), and then you can re-install windows and take your files back to your new windows disk.
And, of course, next time, put your data on a separate partition, so in case you loose Windows you don't loose your data.

dell laptop turning on issueSupport: Laptop Wont Turn On

I am also around or on the same page as Jimmy. I have just recently been having problems with my dell laptop turning on. I press the on button and the green light goes on for a few seconds and then goes off. After a couple of attemps I stop, try it with the AC adapter, without, with the battery (new) with out and then after a half an hour it starts just fine the laptop is about 3 years old and I just got a new adapter and battery about 2 months ago and everything has been fine and I have not dropped or shaken the laptop. I can heard a fan sound come on and a cylender cone and battery cone indicator light up and thats when I know the laptop is going to turn on versus the only power light going on and off continuously... Please help with some advice?

it will be greatly appriciated.

-question by Rima

I also had kinda same problem, I cant turn my laptop on, unless I connect the adapter, then I can just disconnect the adapter right away because the battery is full, it acts like it start the computer, but problem is when you shut down again, you need the adapter to turn it on, I think kinda battery problem, not sufficient to fire up..What do you think? 

-reply by rusty

I have the same type problem. I replaced battery, now when I disconnect power supply and try to power up using battery my Inspiron E1505 will not power up. Its like the battery is dead.I can reconnect the ac power supply and the laptop will start up, I can then disconnect the ac power and it will run on the batter for a couple of hours just like nothing was wrong.PLEASE HELP.-reply by john

Re Sound Acer Aspire 3003WLC Laptop Support: Laptop Wont Turn On

My sound on my Acer Aspire 3003WLC Laptop stopped working.  The driver has installed correctly.  When I plug in my Logitech Earphones the sound works through them. However, there is no soud at all through the speakers. 

I recently performed the following upgrade:  RAM increased to 1500Mb; new battery; new larger hard disk (Western Digital).  There appear to be no problems with the upgrade overall.  Hard disk is 320Gb and only 135Gb is visible. I have discovered this is a known issue.  I will look into purchasing a smaller hard disk. 

-reply by Tony

Lap Top wonSupport: Laptop Wont Turn On

I have a new lap top and been using it for 6 months.Now I seem to have a problem with it because it does not come on.The light comes green and when I charge it, it's orange which is normal but the only thing I see on it is a white blank screen.I'm not sure what's wrong with it.Please can someone please help. Thanks a mill.. 

-question by Alex

Replying to iGuestI came across this question while looking for solution to a different power problem.I have also had the same problem as everyone here. The solution for me was to take the RAM out and then replace it. Even swap the RAM chips into opposite holders.

-reply by Bernie