xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheOneAndOnly1405241546

Verizon Fios-have It?

Hey does any one know have Verizon FiOs ( Fiber )? I heard it is good and all but is it truly fast and worth your money? With Verizon FiOs I've heard you could also have the speed of your internet connection faster , phone , and TV. I just want to know if it is really any good and that it is worth my money and probably it is a lot of money to use Verizon and all. What I have now is Cable. Cable connection is fine for me while gaming and all and internet surfing. Cable is fine with me right now but any one with FiOs please post here I want to know all about this. B) Thanks

Please watch where you are posting your topic. It was posted in the Networking How-To Tutorials section...I moved it here B)Verizon FIOS is still not available in my area yet, but I will most likely look into getting it. The last time I read about this (about a year ago), was that the lowest package costs around $35 per month which is really great. I'm paying about that same price for my DSL right now and won't mind the huge upgrade in speed. I think the new fiber speed can even go faster than cable :)

Yes, I will probably getting it soon myself. By the way where do you live that Verizon FIOS hasn't gotten to you yet? Sooner or later FIOS will be all around the world, it would be amazing faster internet connection and better speeds for everyone to use. Oh and thanks for moving my topic here, I didn't see that it was a How-To-Tutorials section. My bad I'll be more cautious next time.

I have never heard of this. So now they will be releasing a new time of internect connection? Thats interesting, I wonder if that would drive the cost of cable and dsl down with the new technology. Because if the fiber is supposedly going to improve the speed of the internet mostly people would jump towards that upgrade over what they have currently and if they are willing to give it the same cost as other internet sources.

I'm in the New York area and the last time I checked, it's still not here in my area yet <_<I'm sure prices will drop down, especially cable competitors. I wonder if Verizon will even keep their DSL service once fiber optic speeds are fully unleashed to most areas that they support.

I'm in a Windstream area and I wish this was available... download rates of over 100MBps... *drool* Anyways, Windstream has yet to release the 6 MBps DSL in my area, so I doubt they'll ever come out with Fiber access anytime soon. Well worth it if you host servers and like having a fast line![N]F

I'm in Tucson (aka, Butt**** Nowhere) so I likely won't see FiOS for another few years :/ At least Comcast is figuring out how to dial up the speeds on the cable service.