xisto Community
dj:nich

Cast Control

How comes i could not run castcontrol i was informed that my shell would not allow me to use cast control once i installed it i went and added a radio and it would not connect on winamp so it must be a fault on your servers could you tell me why?

Sorry for the delay in reply.If your shell does not allow but installed, that does not mean it should work :P I believe castcontrol, tried to search but wasn't sure, is a form of radio broadcast through internet? I believe this falls under IRC related where you cannot use Xisto hosting server as any forms of proxy service.I believe, again OpaQue correct me if I'm wrong, any streaming by similar scripts require ports 8***. These ports are monitored and sometimes blocked on the server side depending on the activity.

Could Xisto possibly get shoutcast, or another internet radio service? Just most of them cost lots, even though the actual ShoutCast DNAS program is free. It would definitely make things a lot easier for me.

It would also make stuff easier for me.All i (and probably habble) need is 24 kbps with like 50-100 listener slots.Anyway, would be nice if we could get it, it would save me time and money.