xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sten

Ultimate++ Ide do you use it, what do you think of it?

One of the best C++ programs I have found is Ultimate++ IDE
The program has got a load of sample programs with it to test or use or you can make your own package.
It has a great visual editor which I usually rely on because as I am good at C++ im not all that good so it really comes in handy at times of need.
the site is http://www.ultimatepp.org/
I find it one of the best because it has alot of features and can do a great lot of stuff.
Also it is completely free to download and use.

Seems quite nice IDE, but then I was searching for a Free IDE for C and C++, I didn't really even find Ultimate++, but got quite satisfied with using Dev-C++, but anyway, it has some annoying things for me as most of C++ IDE's, looking at Ultimate++ screenshots, it doesn't seem to be any better than Dev-C++, but reading the features, it has them more, if I am not wrong, but for compiling it is using gcc, minigw, same as Dev-C++, some people hate it, I don't hate it, but I don't like it to much too.. Is it just me, but when you install MS Windows Visual Studio, you don't need to do anything, I mean to buy it or similar? it doesn't expire and etc. but as I know it isn't freeware B) In the University we need to use Visual Studio C++, as I heard in other University, they moved to open source and freeware, is using Open Office, gcc and etc. :)