xisto Community
mortalmatt

Protecting The User From Visiting Some Websites

Hello,I have tried to visit some websites that I gain from the google search results, which google has labeled them as unsafe. Google tries to keep users from visiting some websites that are believed to be phishing websites and such. Sometimes, I need to go to these websites, so after clicking the link on google I have to copy and paste the url to force my browser to go to the website. Is there a way to bypass this inconvenience? I think it's great for unexperienced users, but I don't need the limitation when I am trying to research whatever. Thanks to anyone who knows about this B)

You could use greasemonkey to "re-linkify" the text links. There are also firefox extensions that create links out of text matching url-esque regexes...one of those might to the job.

Oh that's a good idea. Do you know if that's been done already? (A script has already been written -- link please?) Maybe that would work on those websites too where they try to redirect you a lot of times before sending you to the real website, hehe.

Oh that's a good idea. Do you know if that's been done already? (A script has already been written -- link please?) Maybe that would work on those websites too where they try to redirect you a lot of times before sending you to the real website, hehe.

Userscripts.org has a search feature... B)

In order to have additional security protection from phishing websites I use Phishing Blaster, you must update it regularly. Phishing Blaster is bundled with WEB Protection and E-MAIL Protection which are hassle free -just set it up, automatically runs every time you boot up your PC.