xisto Community
Chesso

Proxy Detection And Blocking.

Anonymous ProxiesProxy Detection And Blocking.

Lets just start by saying yes it is true that many people misuse anonymous proxies. (proxy chains, tor etc.) for purposes that are or may be illegal. And yes there are a lot of people who do this, but the same people who are the ones that pursue them are the ones who use them.Let's face it there will always be censorship issues wherever in life. The Library computer, the Arab Internet, The Great Firewall of China are all good examples but what people don't realize is that there will always be a way around any firewall, honey pot, php, java script, or any other applet that anyone can create.

These Countries, Dictators and Network Administrators get by on the fact that the average person does not know how to exploit blacklisting. But more and more people become saavy everyday. The mantra "Knowledge is Power" has really reached an all new meaning in the 21st century. This has drawn an all new following. Looks like the script kiddies are growing up a little.

My point is Anonymous proxies not only serve the "guilty" ones but they also play an integral role in the internet. In fact would you go out to a restaurant flashing your ID or credit card number around? Thats basically what you are doing on a direct connection. A Hacker having your real IP address is like wrapping a bow around your box and installing a trojan. Especially if it is windows vista.There really is no way to tell if the server you get the page from is the real thing anyways. Even a proxy cant help you with this only a good wiresniffing program can help you with an ARP Poisoning attack. Anonymous proxy would have at least bought you some time. Out of sight out of mind.At least a proxy server gives you a slight advantage against hackers while you surf.- "Some people call it paranoid, I call it prepared

- ReNeGaDe

I think anyone who wants to block anonymous proxies should have the right to do so. Regardless of what other people think about it.

After all, a websites content does belong to the owner of that website.If they want to block an anonymous proxy user from accessing their website it is up to them.

The "surfer" of a web site really does not have any rights when surfing websites.Only what the owner of the website allows. People tend to forget this and take it for granted.

Problem UserProxy Detection And Blocking.

I am looking for an inexpensive way to block one problem user I have that keeps hounding me and harassing me. I am practially playing "whack a mole". As he keeps coming one with new anonymous proxy servers I am blockng them.

Is there an inexpensive and easy way to block all anonymous proxies without having to play "whack a mole" with this guy 

-reply by Chilly8