xisto Community
delivi

Windows Vienna Next Version of Windows

I would not keep my hopes up that Windows Vienna would be out by 2009. A good example is Vista where they said it would start shipping in 2005! (at least that is what i heard from my friends). A good 5 years later this version of windows has come out and from this experience, i would say Vienna would come out at least from 2010. Besides the release date part, i think the way Vienna is sounding right now it's going to be HUGE. A new interface like the massive change between Windows 3.1 and Windows 95 would be amazing as long as they are not going to copy anyone *cough* Mac *cough* B).

Thing is, I don't think we need to a complete overhaul of the GUI (as in how we interact with the interface), I think universally, we accepted Mac's Dock/Toolbar and Windows' Start Menu/Taskbar combo.I think they should fix all the problems before creating something new that may cause more problems in the future.xboxrulz

I can't wait for it to come out!This one sounds really cool, even better than Vista.Is Vienna just its code name? Like longhorn was vistas?It won't be out for ages though so no need to get excited yet as theres plenty of time and I haven't even used vista at all yet.In viennas later stages I hope to see some pictures of it.

Well I think were all hoping that Vista was just a stepping stone and Vienna will be the serious, full blown, complete package deal, I know I am lol.I would of personally liked to see a full on beefed version of XP (riddle out all the little annoyances, re-write a few things here and there etc), but meh, I guess that won't make them money. One can still hope though.

XP would be nice with a better version.Vienna doesn't really sound like a stepping stone for Vista as it seems completely different and like a whole new way for windows.