xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mtnbluet

Collection Of Oldies But Goodies

Do you have older computers with older versions of Windows on it? Then you may need older versions of software that will work perfectly with your older operating systems. But where do you find them? Take a walk to oldversion.com and take a gander at the 1910 software versions of 152 programs. These are arranged in 9 distinct categories of Communication, Graphics, Multimedia, Internet, File sharing, Utilities, Security, Enterprise, and FTP.

Under Communication you will find old versions of software like Eudora, Gaim, Skype, Google talk and Yahoo messenger. Under Graphics, you will be able to download old copies of Macromedia Fireworks, Paint shop pro, Paint.Net, swish and terregan. The 2nd largest category of Multimedia contains gems like DivX, iTunes, Goldwave, Macromedia Flash, Musicmatch Jutebox, Realplayer, and Windows Mediaplayer. You will find old versions of AOL, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Maxthon, and Internet Explorer browsers in the Internet category.

There are known File Sharing software like eDonkey, BitComet, BitTorrent, Kazaa, Morpheus and LimeWire available for download. The biggest category is Utilities. Famous software like Winzip, Acrobat reader, DirectX, Google Earth, Google toolbar, Java platform, phpBB, RoboForm and Ruby programming are all here.

For your Security there are a few firewalls namely Outpost Firewall, Sygate Personal Firewall, Tiny Personal Firewall, and ZoneAlarm. For your Enterprise systems there is Macromedia Dreamweaver, and Norton Ghost. Lastly, there are 4 known FTP software BPFTP Server, Bulletproof FTP, CuteFTP, and WS_FTP Limited Edition.

Please note that the above are for the most part only a sampling of the programs that are available. So even if you have an older computer you don't have to be left out in the cold anymore.

I have seen copies of old programs all around the Internet, which can be useful sometimes. But I have never seen a collection of them in one place like this before!But because they are old versions of programs, does that still mean that if you had to pay for them when they came out, do you still have to 'pay' for them? Would it be illegal to install them on your computer?-jimmy

I like old versions because some older demos have more features enabled. A nice example is Diskeeper Lite 7, it has an annoying popup (just disable the service and no more pop-up :) ) and it has no time limit. Simply put, a free version of diskeeper wich does nothing more but what I want, defragging when I ask it to do so :ph34r: