xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BaSsMaNjR5

Linux Vs Windows Which one is your first choice?

Linux or Windows  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Also the thing about linux not being the best, Not any Operating System is the best....Its just a fact that computer users have to face....I know I sound Pro Linux but its the opinion I have over OS's....Not many people By and OS to study it and learn it, they get what the seller recommends. Neither Linux, Windows, or any future OS will be the worlds most perfect OS due to the fact that there are smarter people out there who can go in and cause security issues and viruses and that such of thing which gives the OS creators ideas of advancement in technology which then those hackers and smarter people get in eventually and it goes on...Its a vicious cycle...I was tryin to fight you but I was just trying to state my opinion over what I feel is a good OS and can do some cool stuff and teach you alot...

It's my opinion to stand for Linux and for the open source community. Linux is NOT 100%ly better than Windows. My X server crashed last weekend while playing America's Army. Plus, I already got hosting, I don't post just for points, I post because I have something to say. Also, about the USB discs, yes I have a couple and I just stick it into my USb port and it mounts automatically, all I have to do is to type /mnt/removable or /mnt/usbdiscxboxrulz

Ubuntu r0x! is very secure, stable (in my opinion) and easy to use. Debian has never let me know :) Linux is whatever u wish, a desktop, a enchanged server, whatever. Im not saying im against Windows, I also use windows, but it's way more limited, the holes are covered by those beautifull skins, it's functional, but not as a well configured linux box, it shows up much more vulnerabilities and isnt hard to exploit. Linux 4ever :D

Hmmm spend 100 or so dollars on windows or get linux for free.....Tough choice for someone with no money eh? Most programs are based around the cough wonderful cough operating system of windows....One day I decided to go to the world of linux and try it out....It was the most amazing experience I had on a computer lol.....You constanly are reading tutorials and getting assistance from people on IRC chats and annoying people on forums to get help with tasks other linux users think are simple...I was shocked by how much control you have over the operating system of linux and how stable it was for something that is created by people all over the world. So my choice is going with linux yet everthing that is made is run on windows....Yes there is a way to get around that in linux using the program wine or some other programs out there....But I think people would rather get it easy and use windows like I do now lol....But here in a few years I am sure I will be a full on linux user and be happy with it all....Why would you pay 100 or so dollars for an operating system that is less stable and you have less control over and is probably less secure than a free OS? The reason linux is so secure is because of how many people acutally use it....there are a hadful compared to the windows users...Its very funny I think that people would just rather stick with easier things that require less thinking and more frustrating problems unlike linux that is a bit harder and is frustrating until you learn about it but hey thats my view....so which OS would you go with?

64956[/snapback]

I think, windows is better that linux.

I use windows

Even though Linux is a extremely secure Operating system, I would choose Windows. Considering most applications are made for Windows, I think Windows would be more of an ideal Operating System. If they came out with more games for Linux, then I would definitly go with Linux.

OH My goodwinodws Vs Linux Its Old Question ! Why where Ask This Question ? I Think windows is best because windows has nice interface and nice skin and nice work spcae for users but linux dont have this optioni use windows with More Skin programms like themeXp and some more ..but i dont see this kind of programm in linux or other osi use windows because i can download softwares and hardware drivers and isntall them but my hardware didnot work at linuxI Think Windows is best Space for Playing Games and play music and media file like Shows and DVD s and Dat filebut windows has very big and bad optionwindows is not secure and u most install firewall and Antivirus software on your pc to Protect your Data on your PCfor Install firewalls and Antivirus you must have big space of Ram and i think its not good ,i see on internet and https://www.sophos.com/en-us.aspx site every day they send message (New Kind of worm for windows OS )But every Year u didnot see 1 virus or worm fot linux ?it show windows is best because many of people use this software and find bugs and bad options .so , its very heavyI Typeing more and my english is not very goodso sorry dear members

Well i voted for Windows because that is what i use most of the time because it is the easiest way to do work at college. The reason for this is because of the software needed for my development classes along with sharing files with other people. However, i try to use linux for web development and for most other things when i am not at school because it is free and can be optimized very easily once you know what you are doing. So it really just depends on the amount of money you have and or your purpose for the computer

OH My good

winodws Vs Linux

Its Old Question ! Why where Ask This Question ?

I Think windows is best because windows has nice interface and nice skin and nice work spcae for users but linux dont have this option

i use windows with More Skin programms  like themeXp and some more ..

but i dont see this kind of programm in linux or other os

i use windows because i can download softwares and hardware drivers and isntall them but my hardware didnot work at linux

I Think Windows is best Space for Playing Games and play music and media file like Shows and DVD s and Dat file

but windows has very big and bad option

windows is not secure and u most install firewall and Antivirus software on your pc to Protect your Data on your PC

for Install firewalls and Antivirus you must have big space of Ram and i think its not good ,

i see on internet and https://www.sophos.com/en-us.aspx site

every day they send message (New Kind of worm for windows OS )

But every Year u didnot see 1 virus or worm fot linux ?

it show windows is best because many of people use this software and find bugs and bad options .

so , its very heavy

I Typeing more and my english is not very good

so sorry dear members

70688[/snapback]

Alexia, after I've read your post, you practically know barely about Linux.

Linux doesn't require a software to customize the window system. I use KDE which is very customizable.

Linux can also play games as long as someone programs for it and it can play any media files.

Since Linux is opensource, and most of its software are $0; so it saves you alot of money. Don't get fooled by Microsoft's Get the Facts ads.

xboxrulz

From personal experience, i would have to say that Windows is better to use then Linux. I use a Windows XP system at home and i find it so easy to use, with great features. We have Linux computers at my school, and i detest using them. Linux is said to have better security then Windows, but i don't know this for a fact.

it is a fact. Do you often here that you always need to patch your OS on Linux, no (unless the distro is crappy).If you configure Linux properly or use distros like SuSE or Fedora Core, you barely need to detest them. It will work better than Windows and as easy as Windows.xboxrulz