xisto Community
vujsa

Please No Links In The Shoutbox, Find Out Why With a few execptions.....

Good Rule! :D If We Had Allowed Links In The ShoutBox, Tons of People Would Be Flooding The ShoutBox With Their WebSite! I Hate People Who Do That! I Especially Hate The People Who Say "Get Free Money Here By <- snipped -> !" And They Just Put Their Referral Information To Get Something Like 40% Of Their Earnings. Thanks For Posting This vujsa! Excellent Rule :blink:

Edited by Steven9088 (see edit history)

Referrals and reference notices can always be brought up in comments and posts without link usage... it just takes a little longer to say than to link. I think that if something needs attention it could be brought up in the shoutbox, but yeah I really think that links will block a lot of smalltalk or even important needs that are brought up for admins attention. I have noticed that space is limited and if someone is LOLing all the time or just blabbing how unfortunate no one is around to shoutout... how will anyone be able to get their needs taken care of!!??Don't get me wrong, because sometimes I like to get in the box and do a lot of greetings and such, but some things just become a bit obnoxious...Ok, well rant is over!

We only ask that you avoid posting direct links in this one particular place. Many websites do not even offer a shoutbox yet people can find ways to share links so I am sure that avoiding links in the shoutbox won't eliminate your ability to share your site with anyone. Even as a method of sharing its not great since it likely will only be there a short time regardless.