xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ginginca

Cruzer Flash Drive (usb) Whats with the software

Removing on an 8GBCruzer Flash Drive (usb)

I used the Sandisk removal tool to reclaim the space on an 8G cruzer, and Ubuntu 8.10 reports an 8.1G FAT partition.

A note: you can't "just fire up GNU partion editor and delete" the U3 CDROM partition.  Clearly, the U3 removal tool is flipping some NVRAM bits and changing the behavior of the device.  In the U.S. You couldn't legally reverse engineer the U3 remover, but I'd love to see it done by someone.  I do know that there are hacks to change the ISO on the "CDROM" partition, so the idea that malware, spyware, or more-dire-ware could be imported into an organization is very real.

At least, if the organization is bound in the chains of Redmond...

-kejoki

-reply by kejoki

Same problemCruzer Flash Drive (usb)

I have had a cruzer 2.0 flash for over 2 years and have been using it without problem until I went on line and updated windows.  Now I am unable to access the driver and my work. About 9 months of it. I have tried some of the "fixes" and none have worked.  It is not the driver, but the Windows that seems to be the problem.  New windows ware sucks.  Solution was to go on and find the driver in the device manager "storage" and reassign a new drive to it.  I was unable to do that.  Seems the hardware can't be found.  Nothing I have done can access the files on the drive.  The next option, spend $59.00 for a Windows expert to help and hope they resolve the issue in one try.

Anyone out there who knows how to "find" the driver????  

-reply by Blackrose

Can I recover a deleted file from the cruzer flash drive.

If so, how.  I'm not a tech guy, but a can follow directions.

Thanks

-question by Diana

files are hidden and U3.exe is not workingCruzer Flash Drive (usb)

I've got a USB device which is pre-installed U3 Launch.The problem started when the files stored in the USB are hidden.May be by the U3 Launch.And the U3.Exe is not worked.When running that exe, C:Documents and SettingsuserApplication DataU345269311435127E0 window was open.But nothing is appear.When scanned the USB by Kaspersky antivirus, we could see the hidden photos and videos were scanning by the antivirus.Is it the error of U3 or anything else? Do I need to uninstall the U3?

-reply by NeutMoody