xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Team Destiny 07

Photoshop: Smudge Signature Tutorial

Note: Here (click) is the render i'm using for this sig.

Ok so open up PhotoShop and let's begin:

1.) Open up your render and a sig document (new doc any size I use 400x100 for smudge)

2.) Bring render over to signature doc and smudge with these settings for the brush: Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is what I have so far: Posted Image

3.) Bring your render over again and resize so it fits. Here's what I have:

Posted Image

4.) Ok not duplicate it 3 times (control+j) and hide the bottom render layer.

5.) Smudge your render and set the layer above it to color dodge and the layer above that to normal 50% opacity.

6.) Now add a c4d to it and set it to color dodge and erase where needed. Here's my example:

Posted Image

7.) Ok now we need to add some lighting and darkness to it: Take a 100 px white soft brush and put it in a darker spot and then a black one in a light spot. In a NEW layer.

8.) Ok now do a new layer then image>apply image. Next to Edit>Stroke do 5px white. Set this layer to soft light. Add some text and your done!

Here's my outcome:

Posted Image

~Do Not Rip

~ZoroSeerus a.k.a. Team Destiny07

A good tutorial again there Team Destiny..but can I suggest you should be a bit more descriptive in the text.What I mean is try to explain more instead of relying on the pictures, try to use the pictures to explain whats goign on in the text not the other way round.The reason for this is search engines..the more text refferring to the topic there is..the more "searchable" it is in search engines.Also you gain more credits this way so we are all winners :ph34r: