xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Punkcat

A Great Shareware For Free Each Day

I've come across this site, GiveAway Of the Day, and every day they give a shareware program for free. Usually these programs have a 30 days' time limitation, after that you have to buy it or uninstall it as it becomes "crippled" or useless.
If you download the program from this site, you get a complete licence. The only catch is that you have to download, install and activate the program that same day it's given for free, else you get back the "demo" version. So if for any reason you format your disk, you can't have the full version back either.
Apart from this drawback, you can get good applications, some are bad, some are really good, but hey, it's free!

They also have another site for shareware games: https://game.giveawayoftheday.com/ and mostly I get to download more from these than from the application site. The games are great, and as they're full, you get all the levels for the game, and not the first for or five usually for demos. The same drawback for downloading and activating, but they're good fun to play for a while.

Another thing is that according to the site the applications come free of viruses and spyware, and so far I haven't had any problems with them.

it's an interesting site, at first sight. But I've checked out some previous giveaways and to be honest, they don't realy offer software that is usefull or that doesn't have a free (= always free, whenever you dl or activate - btw, I hate activations-) alternative.The games are a bit different, they aren't realy the kind of games I play, altough it seems like sometimes there are a few good ones ;) . Still, I don't like the activation thing, what if you get addicted to it and have to format, that would be sooo painfull ;) .