xisto Community
Chesso

General Hosting Question.

Currently I have my main personal site on hosting (chessoscorner.com), but I also have a slight variation of it for my brothers little Gunz clan (chessoscorner.com/shadow_wolves).Is this allright to do? and if so would it be ok to add another small site for my fiance?From what I know, I have never come close to exceeding bandwidth (maybe not even half?), plus the upgrade and I think I'm only still using around 15-25mb of space.So I figure it shouldn't cause problems? Everything I use is custom and done as best as I can, no lumbering forum software or CMS's for general purpose use.

Ahhh so as long as they don't break any of the normal rules?Awesome, it's about time I tryed a new design (unless I get lazy and just modify my current one >_>).

This is how I use my space here..I use it as a sandbox for things i am making for people, I jsut make a new folder under the Public_Html folder then point a free domain name such as .co.nr or uni.cc at it so that the customer can see it live on the net then when its all 100% fine I will move the files over to thier domain and scrub the copy I keep over here (ofc keeping local backups) and then go onto the next site I am working on.(sorry about the formatting of this post!!! its a new "feature" of the forum upgrade that seems to wrap text around)

From what I know, I have never come close to exceeding bandwidth (maybe not even half?), plus the upgrade and I think I'm only still using around 15-25mb of space.

So I figure it shouldn't cause problems? Everything I use is custom and done as best as I can, no lumbering forum software or CMS's for general purpose use.

You don't need to worry about being banned/punished for exceeding your disk space or monthly bandwidth. Your account is configured to work with dedicated space and bandwidth - you get exactly what you are offered. That's why you can't really exceed these two limits. You would either get a "Low disk space" error, or have your web site made unavailable due to high bandwidth consumption. However, after that month has ended, your site would be available once again ;)