xisto Community
ethergeek

Mod_rewrite Support?

Is mod_rewrite enabled? I'm getting 404's in the wordpress install that would indicate mod_rewrite is off since the "/year/month/day/title" link structure isn't working anymore...Thanks.

Yes, mod_rewrite is functioning correctly. I am not having any trouble with my website which is on the same server and uses mod_rewrite.Have you made any changes to your website that could have caused this?Perhapes you should check your installation of wordpress to rule out that as a possible cause for your errors.If your error continues, please provide as much information as possible so that we may assist you better.vujsa

I wasn't sure it was mod_rewrite, I was just making sure it was enabled so I could eliminate that as a source of the problem in my troubleshooting.Thanks ;)Edit: I got it working, it was a .htaccess file that didn't have the proper perms.

Edited by ethergeek (see edit history)

Is mod_rewrite enabled? I'm getting 404's in the wordpress install that would indicate mod_rewrite is off since the "/year/month/day/title" link structure isn't working anymore...
Thanks.

Reviewing the Apache info with the PHP Info link located in my control panel it shows that the mod_rewrite is enable, so it's strange that you receive that error, maybe it is a problem of the wordpress install script, remember that all the fantastico scripts are automated and you can't modify it, try to perform a manual install instead.

Best regards,

I wasn't sure it was mod_rewrite, I was just making sure it was enabled so I could eliminate that as a source of the problem in my troubleshooting.
Thanks ;)

Edit: I got it working, it was a .htaccess file that didn't have the proper perms.

so i guess that the .htaccess mod_rewrite rule was not written. ;)