xisto Community
WeaponX

Sharing Printer On Another Computer

I face the exact same problem with the HP Laser Jet 1018 printer. I have had a breakthrough 3 or 4 times. But after a while I cant get it to work. All print jobs get executed once the computer that is physically connected is restarted. What is it with WLAN and the 1018??

-reply by Paresh

Remote AccessSharing Printer On Another Computer

Hi I hope all you computer geniuses out there can help me. I access my work computer from my home computer via Remote Desktop Connection. I am trying to print at home through the local printer attached to that computer. I installed the software with the print drivers on the work computer, but can't seem to get further than that. Do I have to add the printer to the Work (remote) computer?  How do I do that if I don't have it physically connected?  I know when its set up the remote computer should redirect the printing back to the host computer to print off the local printer.

Thanks!

Tim

xp hardwired w/printer windows 7 wireless printer accessSharing Printer On Another Computer

I have a home network with 2 hardwired windows xp. A usb printer connected to hardwwired computer 1.  I also have several wireless xp and vista laptops.  All work fine on the network and share the printer.  I just bought a window 7 laptop. I can access the network and internet and see the printer and access the printer q, but when I try to print is say not communicating.  If I try to manually install the printer I get a error .00000000000d.  I've checked the sharing, put them all in the same workgroup and so on.

-reply by Karl

System 7 Laptop unable to print through XP desktop USB wired to printerSharing Printer On Another Computer

Replying to iGuest I have the same problem connecting with my HP 1350v printer. The driver is installed , the network is set up , yet my System 7 Laptop unable to print through XP desktop USB wired to the HP 1350 printer. Anybody solve this one yet?

-Steve

share printerSharing Printer On Another Computer

I tried to share priner among computers with internet connection but it not working, pls send me the procedure in which I can share the printer.

-question by victor

printer sharingSharing Printer On Another Computer

pls write out the procedure of, how share printer among two or three computers systems without connecting to the internet network, I tried it among two systems but what I saw is network limited to no connectivity, pls help me out.

-question by victor

pls write out the procedure of, how share printer among two or three computers systems without connecting to the internet network, I tried it among two systems but what I saw is network limited to no connectivity, pls help me out. -question by victor

I would say that, because your computers are not on the internet, they have no IP address. No IP address because nobody (no DHCP server) was there for assigning IP address.So, you simply have to manually assing an IP address.
Go to the network settings, choose "manually assign IP address", and choose a couple of IP, for instance 192.168.10.1 for the first computer and 192.168.10.2 for the second one.