xisto Community
SilverFox1405241541

My Thoughts On Welfare

I'm in Canada. I buy concentrated frozen, usually, and mix it myself. Lately I've been buying 100% pure orange juice with pulp. I hate watered down crap.

I don't mind the concentrated stuff sometimes in small portions.But the mixed juice stuff doesn't have all the strand crap in it.Uhh anyway where were we lol.

In America, where welfare is much less, if you manage your money with some intelligence you will be fine. There are significantly more opportunities in the USA than there are in Canada, and little to no excuse to need welfare if you have been smart with your money.
There are many non-profit organizations willing to help people less fortunate, especially churches. There are plenty of free classes for job improvement and other self-help, all you have to do is look and ask.

I've got a couple of comments to make about those statements. I live in America, and get medical help from the state, and money from the government. You can't make assumtions that there is 'little or no excuse' to be on welfare by just being smart with your money. Our electric company has gone up 10% in the past two years with their charges, gas prices keep going up to $3 a gallon, I buy everything generic (and get %100 juice). I don't splurge on things, I even have dial-up internet because it's cheap, not because I wouldn't love high-speed. Everything I spend money on is neccesity. At the end of the month, I'll be lucky if I have $20. It's not that easy.

And as for non-profit agency's. We have a place around here called BRS (Bureau of Rehabiltated Services). I've gone their to try to get help to go back to work, and they denied me because I don't qualify for a student loan. And they help you pay for school, so why would I have to qualify for a student loan? And we don't have free classes around here. Our community college has classes for adults for various things, but they all cost money. So before you go saying how easy it should be in America, get your facts straight.