xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nightfox1405241487

How To Login To An Expired Windows Xp System

In Linux (Ubuntu at least), the C:\ drive is called sda1. Try browsing for it in /media/sda1, but an icon should be on the desktop if the Linux is a GUI. In the terminal/command-line, change directory to /media/sda1

That's only for SATA or SCSI drives. For ATA/UATA/PATA drives, you use /dev/hda1 (if your primary drive is your C:)

xboxrulz

I agree that you should be able to recover your files even if it is expired. To non-activated users of Windows, backup your data weekly if you want to keep your files or you can use this guide. But remember, use this only for your data!xxxx-jozh-xxxx

"This is piracy. The activation procedure isn't troublesome at all for genuine users to have need to circumvent this.In case you upgraded your motherboard you can call them to upgrade your key."

it is troublesome as I do have a legal code and it would not actervate, it wasnt running on any other computer so its not piracy if the code that you use (is legal) and would not actervate and I'm not paying s**t loads on the phone 2 microsoft 4 them to not tell me any thing.

-reply by Revan

Windows Activation LoopHow To Login To An Expired Windows Xp System

Now I have a Question I have a computer and I recently repaired windows xp with the repair tool on the xp disk.  Now, like always, it tells me I need to activate in order to use windows, so I click yes and it starts to get to the activation screen but then it automatically logs me out. I tied the "loop hole" you guys suggested but it wouldn't work.  It seems to be a registry error.  But my question is ,Is there a way to fix this problem or do I just need to backup the data and wipe it?

-reply by Gizmo

Legitimate instance where WPA need to be bypassed or postponed.How To Login To An Expired Windows Xp System

Replying to AlegisSituation: Legitimately licenced and activated system has major hardware failure (now obsolete motherboard) requiring new motherboard, cpu, and RAM.Issue: Major changes to this extreme will require a reactivation of windows after the operating system has been repaired to accept new hardware. Unfortunately, activation is required before logon can occur, I.E. Before all necessary hardware drivers and registry changes can occur. This major change will send the Windows Product Activation into an endless loop as it checks the hardware against the registry, which no longer "jives", sees a mismatch and requires a check of the hardware/registry hash.Result: Valid product and key, an inaccesable logon to a now corrupt system.Silver lining: You CAN access data to back it up by using safe mode (command prompt only) to bypass WPA and WGA. But that $14,000 piece of custom application, that never got backed up, is history unless you can get Windows re-activated and drivers for that new hardware that was just installed to salvage the same.That is a LEGITIMATE reason to bypass the WPA WGA process temporarily.What takes several hours of hacking could be avoided if WPA allowed major changes to take place if only for an hour! 

-reply by Concept2Solution

RE: HOW TO REALLY COPY FILES FROM EXPIRED XPHow To Login To An Expired Windows Xp System

after searching the web a bit I realized none of these answers were worth anyones time, why download prgms and all that crap, the answer has to be easier than that!! ...So a little fiddling around and I came across an easy solution to COPY FILES FROM EXPIRED XP TO EXTERNAL HD... Read on...

so after you are allowed to get into windows through the windows+U button, go to the webpage;

- type C: (access your computers hard drive)

- find a media file [music / video] --> open it with Windows Media Player

- in WMP go to FILE --> SAVE AS... ---> now in this newly opened explorer window find your file(s) that you want to copy and highlight those files, right click and COPY and then go to your destination [external HD / pendrive] and make a destination folder, and PASTE! boom, it's done. 

these instructions should be fool-proof... Good luck.

-reply by gmonster

I'm sorry (for) if this way or method was posted already.

The Internet connect that I currently in use was very slow in speed. :)

If a windows xp system was expired. One can login to it by using windows safe mode.

Before booting into the system, at the boot-up menu, press the F8 key on the keyborad.

A menu with several menu items show up on the screen.

By using the scrolling key (UP or DOWN) highlight one of safe mode menu item[1] and then press the enter key to

enable it and return back to the boot-up menu. Finally, Choose a windows xp system on which it needs to be logined into.

When system prompting for password[2]. Please enter the password of the local administator that is entered when the system was installed.

That's it.

p.s. Sorry for my poor english. I try my best to write it in correct grammer as possible.

Please feel free to correct my text in grammer in which they look unacceptable. Thanks !

Footer

[1] Selecting the safe mode with networking option may be much better than others. As it allowed users to activate the system by Internet connection.

[2] If welcome screen was enabled on the machine and the administrator account was not shown on it. Please press key Ctrl-Alt-Del twice to display the windows login box. Enter the name of the local administator if it has been renamed or simply enter "Administator" in the name box, and then type in it's password in the password box.

Is the piracy issue really causing Microsoft to go broke? . . . I think not!How To Login To An Expired Windows Xp SystemIn my never ending search for technical information, I came across this topic and the opinions expressed which prompted me to add my 2cents. I have used at one time or another all of the afore mentioned "workarounds" for the WPA(Windows Activation) as well as the WGA(Windows Genuine Advantage Tool)and each time I do I get a little more pissed! First of all let me state that Microsoft and Bill Gates are not going to go broke due to pirated copies of XP in the hands of all those "thieves" who have obtained an "illegal" copy. However, for those who have legally activated their copies and even installed the WGA tool, are you aware that each time you boot your WGA resident calls home to report in? That to me is a bit too invasive ! I mean, once you have "followed the legal procedures", and everything has been verified why does this WGA tool keep calling home to Microsoft? What are they doing with this information they are receiving? In fact what type of information are they receiving? Now what is more criminal using a pirated copy of XP, or violating your privacy and personal information rights??? C'mon Bill. . .If you are a true "philanthropist" as we the masses are told and in the true spirit of confidentiality . . .Do the right thing and quit questioning us about how,when,why, and where we got your product. You have given us a great piece of equipment with Windows . . .Now let us use it and get out of our machines!-reply by Slowtoker

I have a problem activating XP on a friends laptop, the laptop stopped working due to a faulty memory module, unfortunately one of his less technically minded friends thought the problem was a virus and completely messed it up.  Eventually the laptop got passed to me, I replaced the memory but by this time the windows installation was completely borked.  Luckily I have a windows XP oem disk (the Laptop has a genuine XP home oem license sticker on the bottom) great do a repair install and all should be well.  Ok so XP installs - likes the key on the sticker etc.  However It informs me that windows must be activated before I can log on, fine so I click yes... It makes a windows error sound then nothing - the system just hangs there, any idea what I can do - I'm happy to activate it as I know its all perfectly legal but I don't get any activation screen.

how to bypass or stop windows activation key timerHow To Login To An Expired Windows Xp System

iam using windows server 2003 in my network, and I was using a valid license from microsoft but one day the electricity went off and when the server opened it gives me the activation key popup window, since ima in sudan I didn't have choise but to crack he activation key but again after few weeks I shutdown the server for security issues and when I open it the same activation key window appear and when I told I want to activate windows it stuck into the login screen and restart again to the activation key windows

so I figured that their is another timer initiate this second restriction coz I can't even connect to my documents or my computer it's just stop in first login screen

so Please help me since I have critical data inside and I can't forrmat the windows

-reply by zoka

Bull****, I paid for a liscense and since my laptop craped out I moved my harddrive to a new laptop and I cannot get into windows enough to install new drivers for chipsets and the keyboard and mouse won't work!. All I get is the screen to active and no keyboard or mouse to click the button. Absolute crap, if I could get it to activate then it would be no problem as of now I'm in a catch 22. And no I will not wipe and reinstall everything I have alot of industrial programming software that is linked to the xp install and it will literally take me months to reinstall everything if I even can. Absolute crap.

win xp sp2 trial expired, need to activate itHow To Login To An Expired Windows Xp System

Hi friends, I have a problem with my pc which is a xp sp-2 , I have the key I need to activate it, but it doesnt log in due to the trial expired. So just tel me the way to log in

-reply by suresh

Validating XP when keyboard mouse wont work after laptop change.How To Login To An Expired Windows Xp System

Bull****, I paid for a liscense and since my laptop craped out I movedMy harddrive to a new laptop and I cannot get into windows enough toInstall new drivers for chipsets and the keyboard and mouse won't work!. All I get is the screen to active and no keyboard or mouse to click the button. Absolute crap, if I could get it to activate then it would beNo problem as of now I'm in a catch 22. And no I will not wipe andReinstall everything I have alot of industrial programming software that is linked to the xp install and it will literally take me months toReinstall everything if I even can. Absolute crap.

Hi, I can help you recover that installation of windows xp without having to reformat and lose everything.  Insert your Windows XP CD in your CD/DVD rom drive, then select Repair Install, this will perform a REPAIR INSTALL of Windows XP, saving all of your configuration, but reinstalling drivers for your new laptop, such as keyboard, mouse, etc.  THEN of course you will need to do the activation procedure for which you wont have any problems as they keyboard and mouse will work.  Just phone microsoft and exaplain to them that you took out the hard drive from one laptop and put it in another laptop because the first laptop crashed, and I am positively sure that they will understand.

Good luck!

-reply by FNet

LIVE boot, recover all files, with LinuxMintHow To Login To An Expired Windows Xp System

Replying to nightfoxSimply boot from a FREE Live CDROM of Linux Mint,( https://www.linuxmint.com/ ) download and burned to CDROM, reboot, and recover all files on the "Windows" partition of the hard drive, to a USB Stick, USB drive, or burn to CD/DVD!Also, Linux Mint installs to a second partition it creates on the back half of the hard drive, if you desire!

-reply by linuxiac

WAIT!!!!!!How To Login To An Expired Windows Xp System

Replying to cmosadsI just found out if you goto safe mode with cmd and type explorer then right click on start and goto to explore... Then plug in a usb or cd drive and copy all the files for there then you can format itTo get safe mode unplug computer when booting windows

-reply by Greg